11│Lovely Bones

┌────── . ° ♩ ✦ ♩ ° · ──────┐
Chapter Eleven
LOVELY BONES
└────── . ° ♩ ✦ ♩ ° · ──────┘

 ° ♩ ✦ ♩ ° · ──────┘

────── . ° ♩ ✦ ♩ ° · ──────

On Wednesday afternoon, the guys had pulled Rosalie into the studio to show her a new song that they had been working on. She walked into the studio seeing Julie sitting down at the piano with Luke standing beside her with a guitar in his hands.

She was unsure what she should do, but when Luke saw her, his face lit up. He sent her a small smile, walking over to her. "Listen to this song Julie, and I just wrote." He said with a bit of pride in his voice. Rosalie could tell that he was proud of the song and was excited to show her.

She nodded her head, and he stepped back as Julie started playing the notes on the piano. "And it's one, two, three, four times, that I'll try for one more night, light a fire in my eyes, I'm going out of my mind." Julie sang a piece of the song.

"That was really good," Rosalie commented. She wasn't sure how she and Luke were so good at writing songs.

Hearing the compliment to their song, they both beamed with pride. And so they played the rest of the song for her, with Reggie and Luke joining in. Luke showed Rosalie the notes that she would need to play, and she started playing along with them.

Every so often, she missed a note, causing her to wince. "Sorry." She looked down at the strings on the instrument, avoiding looking at her friend's faces.

Julie stood up from the piano, "Ro, it's okay. You'll get the hang of it." She said, hoping to encourage her.

But Rosalie felt like she was only draging down the band with her. She felt like she would never get the hang of it. She feared that when they have a gig that she would mess it all up. Maybe she shouldn't even be in the band. She wasn't any good at it.

"I think I need to take a break." She spoke softly, not having the guts to tell them that she didn't have what it takes to be in a band.

She flashed out of the room, appearing on the rooftop of the tallest building in Hollywood. She wasn't even sure what the name was, but she wanted to be there. Sometimes heights, even though they scared her, helped her to clear her mind.

She sat there on the edge of the roof, watching the sun disappear beyond the horizon. She didn't move until the stars and the moon shined down on her in the night sky.

It was moments like this where she missed life, how the world was so peaceful late at night with the world asleep. The sound of insects chirping filled her ears as the wind blew past her face.

She backed away from the edge of the roof and laid down, staring up at the stars. She had never been good at seeing the constellations in the sky, but from where she was, she could see the big dipper.