7│ When Stars Align

┌────── . ° ♩ ✦ ♩ ° · ──────┐
Chapter Seven
WHEN STARS ALIGN
└────── . ° ♩ ✦ ♩ ° · ──────┘

 ° ♩ ✦ ♩ ° · ──────┘

────── . ° ♩ ✦ ♩ ° · ──────

Rosalie sat on the couch of the studio watching as the guys, Luke and Reggie, Alex had left after freaking out about how people could see him, looked through a journal that they had found in Julie's room earlier. They had gone snooping in her room and opened the box that she had told them was off-limits. Wanting no part of it, she sat away from them as they read over the words that scattered the pages of Julie's book.

Reaching into her bag, she pulled out her journal and gripped the pen that was attached to it. Maybe it was the guys and Julie, how they performed at the school a few hours ago, but she was inspired to write more of her poem. She had been working on it for months. She had never been good at listening to her heart and letting the words flow out, so it always took her a long time to finish a poem.

She had always found it easy to lose track of time when she was fully engrossed in something she loved. She would read or draw she could spend hours and not even realize it. But now, she found it easy for the word to appear in her head as she wrote them down. Maybe it was the studio, maybe the house, perhaps even the guys, but she felt inspired. Pouring her heart out onto the pages of her journal, she heard the sound of a guitar. Looking up, she saw Luke and Reggie starting to play their instruments.

Rosalie quickly shut her book and stuffed it back into her bag before she stood up, "You guys, you can't play right now!" She shouted at them over the music they were playing. They looked up at her and smiled but didn't stop. "Julie's dad's home. They can hear you." She didn't say it, but she figured that Julie didn't like her very much because she already had to deal with three ghosts and her being here seemed to cause more problems. She wanted Julie to be her friend, and the guys weren't helping by making her mad all the time.

Not wanting to be a part of the blame, she poofed out of the studio and into Julie's room. Julie sat on her bed with a book and pencil in her hand. Rosalie was guessing that she was doing homework. As if sensing that Rosalie was in her room, Julie looked up at her. She looked at the ghost, confused as to why she was in her room. "What's up?" she asked Rosalie as she set her homework to the side.

"Are you sure if it's okay that I stay here?" Rosalie asked nervously, fiddling with her fingers. "I don't want to intrude."

Julie smiled up at her and stood up, "You can stay here as long as you like. Besides, you can use some girl time." She joked, causing both of them to smile.

Rosalie felt happy as she turned to leave but then she remembered the guys in the studio. "There's another thing." She said softly, turning back around to face Julie.

Looking up at her, Julie seemed to know it was about the guys. In the distance, a faint sound of music playing caught her ears, "What?" She asked, hoping that the music she heard was not from them.