24│Goodbyes Are Bittersweet

┌────── . ° ♩ ✦ ♩ ° · ──────┐
Chapter Twenty Four
GOODBYES ARE BITTERSWEET
└────── . ° ♩ ✦ ♩ ° · ──────┘

 ° ♩ ✦ ♩ ° · ──────┘

────── . ° ♩ ✦ ♩ ° · ──────

Rosalie couldn't see anything. Panic started to rise in her chest, thinking she was gone. She feared that she was alone, that everything was over. She felt a surge of disappointment that her unfinished business wasn't playing the Orpheum, but she knew that it wasn't.

She felt herself laying on the ground, pathetically still, and when she tried to move, a groan left her lips. She let out a sigh. A piece of hair fell onto her face as she plopped back to the ground, defeated. Rosalie attempted to move her hair away from her face, but her hand felt as if it was still holding someone else's.

But when she looked over, she was met with nothing but darkness. She attempted to move again and was successful, her body rolled over, and her ears picked up on the heavy sound thud. Her eyes widen as she tugs her hand away from where it was, writing around. She picked up her hand to move it forward, and it landed on what seemed like someone.

Rosalie didn't feel relieved, though, to find her friends here. They were supposed to cross over. "Alex? Reggie? Luke?" She called for them all.

They answered her, which made her feel worse. They were all going to be destroyed, which meant that she gave up everything for nothing. They weren't going to be at peace, and she would have to watch them die.

"Are we where I think we are?" Alex wondered aloud to them.

"That depends," Reggie responded, "Where do you think we are?"

"We're at the studio," Luke says. "It was the last place I thought of before we vanished."

Rosalie found herself nodding despite the darkness, "Yeah, me too." She let out a sigh, "But you guys aren't supposed to be here. You're supposed to be gone, crossed over."

As if he was suddenly realizing it, Reggie looked between his friends in the dark. "Wait a minute." He says, "Does that mean that it didn't work? We didn't cross over?"

None of them wanted to hear that because it meant that they were out of time to do anything about it. The blonde was about to answer him until she heard the sound of the studio doors being opened. Rosalie didn't want to hurt Julie any further, knowing that she was the one standing in the doorway. She thought they were gone, and she didn't want to burden her with the worry and pain of their plan not working.

"I know I already said this, but... thank you, guys." Julie's voice rang through the darkness.

There was a moment of silence before Reggie groaned. "You're welcome."

Alex let out a sigh, "Dude!"

The lights switched in, and it took moments for the weakened ghosts to adjust their eyes. Julie looked at all of them in shock. The boys sprawled across the ground while Rosalie sat with her back, leaning against the leg of the piano. "Why are you guys here? I thought-"