14│Mending The Broken

┌────── . ° ♩ ✦ ♩ ° · ──────┐
Chapter Fourteen
MENDING THE BROKEN
└────── . ° ♩ ✦ ♩ ° · ──────┘

 ° ♩ ✦ ♩ ° · ──────┘

────── . ° ♩ ✦ ♩ ° · ──────

The plan to make Julie forgive them was set in motion by a few lifers that Luke had met at the Hollywood Ghost Club. A cafe. It was a weird place for a cafe along the beach to be a good gig for them to perform, but she didn't complain.

Here they were, in a bubbling cafe, overlooking the seafront, with dozens of lifers sitting and drinking coffee and eating cake—no sign of music or bands anywhere. Instead, Alex and Rosalie sat at a table, watching Reggie speculate over a woman taking photos of her coffee and food.

"Oh, great angle. Yeah." The boy remarks, watching as the woman moves to another angel and takes a photo.

Rosalie was never one to take photos of her daily life and post it on social media, like many of the other girls. A picture of a cheap muffin and a mug of coffee that you could make at home for less than a dollar, Rosalie would never understand why people liked that kind of stuff.

"Now that's a good pic."Reggie nods his head at the woman, and Rosalie leans back in her chair, looking around for Luke.

"Is this what we're here for? To watch people take pictures of food?" Alex questions his friends with concern.

"It's fun. Watch this. People never stop looking at their phones." Reggie grins and slides the muffin plate away from the woman, exclaiming with glee as she tries to grab for it, her eyes glued to the phone. He eventually let's go, and the woman peels her eyes from her phone, looking around with concern and confusion.

Reggie chuckles, and she gets up and walks away from the table. "Phones and people have come a long way from when you were alive." Rosalie says, "Changed a lot since I was alive as well." Alex looks back at the woman, her eyes back on her phone as she walks away.

"Luke said something about this place being a hotspot for music industry people." Reggie begins to explain, slightly confused by the terms he was using and finding it hard to believe they were true.

Rosalie spots Luke walking to the counter, watching as a man places a clipboard down and walks away. The boy picks up the pen and begins writing. "Yeah, he mentioned that to me last night." Rosalie sighs, stretching and gazing over at the boy. Alex smirks.

"Hmm, we wondered where he went." He looks at Reggie with a grin, and Rosalie rolls her eyes, watching as the boy in question hops over the table.

"Guys, being a ghost definitely has its privileges! I just wrote our names in the playlist for tonight!" He exclaims, bouncing down into the vacant chair the woman had left moments earlier.