10│Video Games

┌────── . ° ♩ ✦ ♩ ° · ──────┐
Chapter Ten
VIDEO GAMES
└────── . ° ♩ ✦ ♩ ° · ──────┘

 ° ♩ ✦ ♩ ° · ──────┘

────── . ° ♩ ✦ ♩ ° · ──────

The day passed by slowly as Rosalie and the boys waited for Julie to get home from school. Rosalie spent most of the time practicing the songs that Julie and Luke had written on the piano and the guitar. She figured that since she got the hang of the piano better, she would play that for shows with Julie.

The guys sat around playing Go Fish with a deck of cards that they found while snooping through Julie's house. Eventually, Rosalie joined in on their game. Alex dealt her a hand of cards, and the four of them played that game and a few others that they could remember for hours.

Rosalie found herself laughing and having a good time playing card games with the guys. She was happy to have friends finally. She had spent so much of her time alone. After she had died, she didn't have anyone that she could talk to. She spent so many years by herself wandering the city until she met the guys.

She spent the day alternating between learning the instruments and playing games. She found that she actually liked playing music. That she liked it more than she did art, which shocked her. Her mind began to wonder where her life might have ended up if she chose the path of music rather than art. If she did that, she wouldn't have joined the art club and wouldn't have met her friends. But then her mind began to question that if she had chosen music instead of art, would she still be alive?

She didn't want to dwell too much on those questions. It wouldn't do her any good to think about them. She couldn't change what had happened to her. Instead, she asked Luke a question. "Got any queens?" She looked up at him from her deck in her hands.

She heard him let out a sigh, "Here." He said as he handed her over three queens that completed her set. She smiled at him triumphantly. She set those cards down on the table to show that they have been completed before she looked over her cards, debating on who to ask. "Reggie, do you got any two's?" She asked him.

With a slight shake of his head, Reggie said, "Go fish." Rosalie reaches her hand into the pile of cards, pulling out on from the top, and placed it in her deck of cards.

Alex smiled at her, "So Rose, got any two's?" She looked at him and reluctantly handed over all three of them.

"I knew I should have asked you." She told him.

The game continued for a while before they heard the studio door open. All four of them turned to face the door to see if it was Julie coming in. They saw Julie set her bag down in the studio before they stood up, their card game forgotten.

"Julie, you're home!" The guys shout at the same time.

Their sudden voices startle her as she jumps slightly, "Yeah, I always get home at this time on school days." She said as she walked over to them.