15│Finally Free

┌────── . ° ♩ ✦ ♩ ° · ──────┐
Chapter Fifteen
FINALLY FREE
└────── . ° ♩ ✦ ♩ ° · ──────┘

 ° ♩ ✦ ♩ ° · ──────┘

────── . ° ♩ ✦ ♩ ° · ──────

Rosalie and the guys lounge around in the studio, the four of them absolutely reeling for their performance later that night. Their rehearsal of Finally Free sounded incredible, to the point that the finest ears could point out not even a single flaw in the room. They were going to rock that stage, and they knew it.

Only Julie had now been gone for a couple of hours. She had disappeared for dinner, and she was supposed to come back down to let them know when to leave for the show. She had yet to do that part.

During this time, the ghosts had visited the venue, scouting out the competition and eyeing up those they needed to impress. And it was packed.

"Hey, guys, anyone know what time it is?" Rosalie asks the three boys.

Alex sits at his drum set, tapping away at the cymbals, Reggie resides on the floor, scribbling away at his country songs, and Luke chills on the armchair in front of Rosalie. It's Alex who looks at the clock and shoots up from the drumset, his eyes wide with concern. "We have less than thirty minutes until we need to be there!" He shouts, hopping out from behind the drumset, nearly falling over Reggie.

Rosalie stares at him, panicking. Luke leans forward with concern. "You're joking?" Rosalie asks, looking over to the clock, hoping that the boy was lying.

But he was correct. They did indeed have less than thirty minutes to get down to the venue and be ready to perform.

"Julie can't be canceling on us, surely?" Reggie asks, standing up with confusion and a look of hurt.

"Something must have came up," Rosalie says. "Come on." She practically drags the boys together before vanishing from the studio, reappearing just outside Julie's room.

Reggie walks to the door and reaches through, knocking politely. "What are you guys doing?" Julie calls from inside the room. Reggie leans into the doorway, his head and shoulders disappearing through the door.

"We're being classy." He says before Luke pulls the boy, rolling his eyes.

Rosalie follows Luke through the door, noticing Julie sat on her bed, her microphone in her hand, still dressed in the same clothes she had been wearing all day. She certainly did not look dressed for a performance. "Julie, why are you still here?" She asks, and Luke agrees with her.

"Yeah, we're going on in like twenty minutes." He adds as Alex and Reggie follow through the door.

Julie sighs and looks down at her bracelets. "I lied to my dad, so now I'm stuck in my room all night." She tells them.