5│New Perspective

┌────── . ° ♩ ✦ ♩ ° · ──────┐
Chapter Five
NEW PERSPECTIVE
└────── . ° ♩ ✦ ♩ ° · ──────┘

 ° ♩ ✦ ♩ ° · ──────┘

────── . ° ♩ ✦ ♩ ° · ──────

When the four of them arrived outside the garage, the sun was making its way up the sky. The guys that Rosalie just met stood in front of her with a smile on their faces. "This is our studio," Luke said as he guested to the doors behind him that led into the garage. Rosalie's eyes scanned her surroundings, and she took note that there was a house a few feet away. She guessed that was where this Julie that they talked about lived.

She followed them into the studio and saw the grand piano in the middle of the room, the couch that sat off to the side, the plants in the back. She saw the drums and the guitars. She figured that whoever lived here loved music. "This place is nice." She commented as she looked up and noticed the lofted area.

She watched as Luke took a seat on the couch and Reggie stood by the door, not seeming to know what to do. Alex went up to the loft, "So what did you guys want to do?" Reggie asked as he walked over to Luke and sat beside him.

Rosalie shrugged her shoulders, "I don't know." She said and then looked at the other two guys. "I guess we could play twenty questions. I mean, I hardly know anything about you guys."

Alex jumped down from the loft, "Yeah, it would be a great way to get to know each other." He said as the other guys walked up to them. "And if we ask a question that you don't feel comfortable answering, then tell us, and we will change it." Rosalie nodded her head at him and told him the same thing.

Rosalie sat down on the wood floor, and the others sat down beside her. "Okay, I'll start." She said and then looked down at her hands as she tried to think of something to ask. "How long have you guys been friends?"

"Oh, that one's easy," Reggie said excitedly. "We've been friends since we were seven." He looked at Luke and Alex for them to confirm, and they nodded their heads. "We met in first grade."

Rosalie smiled at them as he tried to imagine the guys in front of her as little boys in first grade trying to find their way around. "That's cute."

"Okay, our turn," Luke said and then turned to the guys wondering what they were going to ask. He didn't want to ask anything regarding death, so instead, he went the safer route. "What did you want to do after high school?"

Rosalie thought back about applying to colleges and scholarships, even though she had a year left of school. She remembered how excited she was when she got a letter from a school she wanted to go to that they were considering her but would have to wait until she sent them her final transcript from high school after she graduated. "I wanted to go to college." She said with a smile, knowing that they would probably think it was a boring answer. "I was going to major in art and..." she looked down at her hands again, suddenly feeling embarrassed. "And I was going to minor in music. I don't know how to play anything, but I wanted to learn."