EON CH 08

ESCAPING DEATHTECH.

1774, JULY 10th.

In the bowels of DeathTech, Noche floated in a tube of glowing blue Grim gel; still bandaged from chin to toe and in a medical gown. Her eyes shut, body severely atrophied, and an oxygen mask attached to her face. Her eyes shot wide open as the liquid drained rapidly. The glass doors slid apart and she fell out.

Prone on the ground, she coughed and adjusted to the atmosphere. After her coughing fit, she gazed about the monochromatic room. Nearby was a room-flooding light, coming from a wide-open doorway. As she stood, legs shaking as if they haven't been used for months, she began to walk towards the door; her few small injuries visibly healing slowly.

Alarms blared moments later – she flinched from the noise; instinct took over. Noche ran around aimlessly and without thought. Sheraced down the hallways, taking twists and turns in an apparently randompattern.

She nearly tripped and fell over herself multiple times, yet her legs slowly improved. Her muscles were rapidly being healed by the assistance of the Grim gel. She stumbled into an elevator as the doors closed around her. It zoomed up, and when it opened again she dashed out.

Her eyes twitched and her head scanned the environment rapidly. She occasionally stumbled as she moved about, and her breathing was rapid. She also seemed to be very unaware of her environment. Which was a massive 100 mile room; the ceiling not even visible.

Another strange thing about this room was it felt like it had been left in disrepair for some time. Rotting banners and light filled gaps in the wall were everywhere. Crumbling, fallen, pillars were scattered about the room and covered in plant life. The air was stagnant and dusty, yet there was a slight smell of activity nearby; like oil, metal, and leather.

As Noche ran throughout this room she also didn't appear to notice how massive the elevator behind her was. It was a giant cylinder about the size of a skyscraper. Above it were three stained glass windows that made the elevator look tiny in comparison. Lastly, stuck on top of the elevator, there appeared to be a massive crow feather.

Entering the nearest open hallway in this 100 mile room, Noche ran past various cells. Each one showed the status of the occupants within; most of which were labeled as scientist, engineer, or hostage. It was no understatement to say, more than half were hostages. Below these labels were more information such as the person's name, the numerical identification, and their health status; some were dead.

Meanwhile, Jack Chandler sat in a security room while alarms blared and Noche ran without any real direction. On his desk, he was surrounded by a bunch of empty sun-e drink bottles and a yellow coffee mug with the inscription grossly praisin. Before him was a keyboard, mouse, microphone, and countless monitors. Jack took a sip from his mug, before spitting out the contents immediately. As orange liquid dripped down his slack jaw, he stared intently at the blonde-haired girl running throughout the halls.

"Wait! That's today?!"

Jack nearly fell out of his chair as he scrambled for the keyboard and microphone.

"I thought I had more time!"

This man had brown hair, wore an intensely vivid pair of yellow goggles with sky blue straps, and had a bit of a goatee starting on his chin. His scientist's jacket was white, but it contained yellow stitching and buttons. On the left side of his shirt's collar was a small sun themed pin. Hand shaking, he hesitantly reached out for the microphone... His thumb hovered over the button, but didn't press.