EON CH 15

MR STARNIGHT.

1774, SEPTEMBER 21st, WEDNESDAY.

Far beneath the rock and dirt, miles below the surface, and in the bowels of the prehistoric-mud untouched by light... Resided DeathTech's secret underground base. Here, even the Cross military, with their near-infinite power would remain clueless of DeathTech's beating black heart... For now... Aside from the elevator to the surface, disguised as a cartoonish castle, there was no escaping DeathTech's tectonic walls.

In a familiar surveillance room sat a chipped yellow mug that had the label grossly praisin on it. Near this mug was a bright pair of yellow goggles. Inside these goggles, under the top thick plastic bar, was the engraving Jack, thank you for being my sun. On one of the security monitors, a door buzzer went off.

"Open the door." The intercom said.

Jack Chandler, the boy who helped Noche escape the otherwise inescapable DeathTech, groggily raised his head from the table. Wiping the drool off his chin, he put his goggles back on. Shaking his head and slapping his cheeks, he opened his eyes fully. With a cough, he reached for the mic

"What do we say?" he asked.

"Now."

Jack stared at the monitor. In that hall stood the orange haired boy in the straitjacket. He stood, quite impatiently, before a locked door. Jack pressed a button and the door unlocked.

"You're welcome, Mr. Starnight." Jack said pleasantly, then leaned back into his chair with a sigh.

Mr. Starnight was not a fan of his first name. Granted, most of DeathTech referred to him as the surface scout or by his long numerical code. That didn't stop the handful of people who knew his first name from using it. Luckily, the security guard was one of the few who cared about other people's feelings. Mr. Starnight preferred it when people addressed him by his last name. The reason being, his first name was too embarrassing.

Multiple times Mr. Starnight thought of changing his dumb first name. He could never bring himself to do it... After all, it was his dear friend Noche who gave him this name. No matter how stupid it was. Now that she was dead, it was all he had left of her.

The president of DeathTech, Edward himself, killed Noche to punish him... No... What was he thinking? It wasn't Edward who killed Noche. Noche died because of HIM. Because of his own incompetence... THAT was why he could never abandon his first name.

Mr. Starnight walked through the open door. Compared to the neon white brightness of the hallway behind him, this room was nearly pitch black. At the far end of the room was a meter-thick red glass barrier, with large ventilation holes scattered every foot apart. In vivid white text above the glass wall where the numbers 19-16-01-18-11.

Beyond the red glass, the room inside looked like a prison cell. That's because, it was. Both Mr. Starnight and his sister were hostages... Prisoners of DeathTech... However, while this red-glassed cage was her jail... His Sister's safety was his.

Mr. Starnight was an unwilling soldier of DeathTech. In fact, ever since Professor Grim's capture, Mr. Starnight was the only soldier allowed to go to the surface. That's why he alone was nicknamed the surface scout. Thus, in order for DeathTech to remain hidden from Cross... Edward had to have some control over Mr. Starnight. That control came in the form of his sister's life.

Every time Mr. Starnight failed a mission, disobeyed an order, or otherwise displeased Edward... He would be punished by his sister losing a body part. Edward would make him watch every, agonizing, second of it... And there was nothing he could do to stop it. Mr. Starnight HATED Edward. If it wasn't for his sister's safety, he would betray DeathTech in a heartbeat.