EON CH 90

ASKED OUT.

1774, NOVEMBER 12th SATURDAY 3:00 pm.

Noche stood in the doorway with wide, unblinking eyes. As Varen opened his mouth, she shut the door and turned away; eyes glued to the wall.

"N-Nachos... Hello?" Varen muttered.

Noche's last three brain cells screamed at each other.

"I can do this, I can do this, I can do this," she whispered as her hands fanned her face.

Noche threw on a confident smile, opened the door, and leaned her elbows on the frame – they slip. She caught herself at the last moment and tried to regain her cool with a red face.

Noche coughed.

"S-Sup Varen. Y-You said you wanted to go on a date?"

She shot finger guns at him and gave a half-grin – the smile fell and her face slackened in realization of what she did. Varen chuckled and a faint smile returned on Noche's face. His expression softened; eyes sparkled as his mouth curved upwards.

"Yeah!"

Noche's eyes widened – she was ready to punch herself when her face went hot.

"Y-Yeah... I'd love that," she muttered.

"Awesome! You know that small town to the southwest of here?"

"The one with the carnival Mary and Alice visited? Honeyville?"

"That's the one. I want to take you there."

"O-Ok, sure!" Noche turned, "Let me just get m-"

The world spun – she impacted into a soft firmness. Arms wrapped around her and Noche's face became a volcano. Nerves decided laughing was the only way to ease this bubbling anxiety. She laid on his chest, forehead under his chin, as blue fabric squeezed against yellow.

"Gods he's taller than Boots," she thought. "Slightly taller... But still."

Noche's hands found their way to his chest, they tightened on his cobalt coat. A battering ram assaulted her ribs – Butterfly wings fluttered against her heart. Her sharp golden eyes were trapped in Varen's amber vaults.

His head lowered, blonde fish-hook hair intermingled with his black wing-like bangs. Explosions filled her mind when their lips touched – this wasn't like the first time, she wasn't herself then, this was infinitely better.

They parted and Noche melted into a blathering puddle – she completely forgot what she was doing

"I'll meet you tomorrow at eleven am," Varen said.