EON CH 40

DEJAVU THEORY.

1774, SEPTEMBER 24th SATURDAY 8:30am.

A few hours after dawn broke out, Noche was outside the classroom sitting on the rock wall. Listening to music through her blue-anchor themed headphones, as she was face down in a history book. She had to study for the exam. She had to. Even now, Noche could feel that desert creeping towards her. It was always looming over her. That's why she had to pass the Cross entrance exam. To find DeathTech and remember her past.

In the distance, pine trees swayed on the diagonally slanted mountain. The clouds were low and came out in the opposite diagonal direction due to the altitude. Nearby Genera Salt was gardening in the patch of dirt that encircled the gazebo. All that could be heard, aside from her music , was his elephant watering can as it sprinkled droplets onto the sprouting green vines. As the wind caressed Noche's hair, she took a moment to look up from her book and stare at the clouds.

"Where's my cloak at?!" Cherries shouted.

Noche was startled so badly she nearly fell off the ledge.

"FUCKING GOD CHERRIES! What if I fell?!"

"You got augment. You're fall resistant."

"Not from a hundred feet up!" she screamed.

Cherries laughed.

"Then don't sit on the wall, Humpty!" Cherries said, "Besides, if you fell, I wouldn't get my cloak back."

"YOU! You..."

Noche's eyes grew distant, and although Cherries didn't notice it, a pinhole temporarily developed in her left eye. Elsewhere, in a distant place of black with faint golden specks of light, a white orb just cracked a tiny amount.

"De... Ja... Vu..." Noche stuttered.

Cherries clapped his hands together.

"That reminds me. I heard a cool theory about DeJaVu."

"Still tripping, but ok."

Noche turned 90 degrees so she could lean her left leg along the top of the wall.

"What if every time you felt DeJaVu, it was because the universe was destroyed, re-created, and caught up to the point in time where the previous one ended." Cherries said.

Noche laid down on the wall as she groaned.

"The foundations of reality are a repetitive endless cycle, and existence is infinite, and yada yada yada." Noche said, "Have you been talking to Trio?"

"Who has?" Varen asked.

Noche was so caught off guard by Varen's appearance that she nearly fell off the ledge again. Luckily Cherries grabbed her jacket before she fell.

"CAREFUL NOCHE!" Cherries shouted, "Varen why'd you go and do that?"

"Sorry... I didn't think she'd fall for me..." Varen grinned as he fist bumped Cherries, "By the way, Noche, sorry about the bomb incident. If it makes you feel better, it didn't blow that you snuck onto Dreg's mission."

"Th-thanks." Noche said.

"I'm actually running late for something." Varen said, "So I'll talk to you dorks later."

"Later loser!" Cherries shouted.

Noche watched as Varen walked away, Cherries looked at her and leaned over.

"If you like him that much, why not ask him to hang out?"

"I... I got to study."

"Relax, you've got all day today and tomorrow before the exams start." Cherries said, "Why not live a little before going through hell."

"Yeah... you may be right." Noche said, "Ok, yeah... Fine! I'll go talk to him."

Cherries leaned on the wall as Noche jumped down.

"Remember that feminine chaaar... Err."

"Oh fuck you!"

Both Cherries and Noche laughed.

Noche walked around the corner to where she saw Varen go. When she did so, she saw him talking to another girl. She had silver hair and long pigtails, she wore a checkered coat, and had a black wool cap on. She then hugged Varen, while Noche stood motionless. Noche couldn't believe it... She felt a little cold in her chest as she stared. Then a droplet of rain fell on Noche's head.

"Wha- Aww shit."

The few droplets of rain soon became a downpour.

Noche turned around and ran back towards Cherries, who had jumped off the wall. Noche threw her jacket at him, and he used it as an umbrella. She raised her left hand into the sky as an orb of air formed around her palm.

"WIND VARIANT, DEAD LIGHT CANNON!"

A compressed ball of air was created and shot from Noche's left hand

A compressed ball of air was created and shot from Noche's left hand. It exploded in the sky, causing the raindrops to stop falling for a moment; before they levitated upwards. This bought Noche and Cherries enough time to dart inside. Their feet barely made it past the doorway when a loud splash was heard behind them.

"-Gasp- Close call," Cherries wheezed, "You -gasp- do realize your bra is showing, through that wet shirt."

"What -gasp- no it isn't" Noche looked down.

"Got you." He chuckled.

"Faggot."

"An umbrella, would've been nice."

"First off... I'm retarded." Noche said, "Secondly, I already have an extra bucket. I don't need more umbrellas in my room."

As Noche raised her head to look at Cherries, he was gone. The room, which was previously a bright orange hallway with contrasting blue skies beyond the windows, had turned into a dark blue hall with solid-black windows.

"Wake up... Wake up... There's no heartbeat..."

-CRASH- The hallway returned to orange, and there Cherries stood; regaining his breath. Noche was in a cold sweat and looked around with wild eyes.

"Noche... are you ok?" Cherries asked.

"... Y-yeah..."

Cherries looked at her.

"Right... how about we head over to my room." He said, "I have to finish sewing some orders anyways."