EON CH 53

READING THE JOURNAL.

1774, SEPTEMBER 26th MONDAY 3:00pm.

Noche waved goodbye to her friends as the door clicked softly. She stood there for a moment as their footsteps faded away. When she let go of the knob, the metal had caved in on itself from the strength of her grip. She immediately turned to wall and punched it with all her might. The drywall was as weak as tissue paper and even the wood beam snapped in two like styrofoam.

Enraged she turned to the bed and kicked the metal leg. It snapped off from her super human strength and bounced into the bathroom. The bed fell down as Noche effortlessly picked up her entire 200 pound dresser and crushed it like a trash compactor. Cracks branched across the wood like lightning before she dropped it and muffled a scream.

Her room trashed, Noche screamed her heart out into her hands. Falling to her knees she resisted the urge to cry, she would not be that weak. Noche trembled for a moment, before looking up to see her broken bed. Something clicked. She had destroyed the bed Cherries made for her. Noche's heart sank. Sadness became anger once again.

"Hectare! This is all his fault." she thought, "If he didn't cheat her in the physical, she could've..."

The anger dissipated

"Could have what? Passed? Even without the shoelace incident you still failed all the other physical portions." A voice thought, "No its not Hectare's fault. Its yours! In fact, if you were strong enough to get first place, his cheating wouldn't have made a difference. You failed because you are weak."

Noche's eyes flickered to her ceiling fan, before looking at the broken bed leg. Then her eyes gazed at the hole in the wall and the cracks on her dresser. Noche stood and sighed, picking the bed up with one hand she created a metal brick. It propped up the bed well enough. The door could hide the hole in the wall while it was open. As for the dresser... Well fuck the dresser.

She sat on the bed, it wiggled with her weight, and she ran her hand through her blonde locks. Today's tests were over, the exam would resume tomorrow. Her anxiety was too all over the place, she had to do something to pass the time. Noche noticed the bloody journal she found in the hallway two nights ago.

"Well... I never said I'd return it immediately." Noche muttered, "I could give it a skim first."

Noche picked up the book and felt the pages with her thumb. The instant she cracked it open, a chill ran down her spine as thousands of eyes loomed over her. Noche's head shot up, cold sweat dripped down her temples as she scanned her room. She was alone, but she couldn't get rid of this sinister feeling that she was being watched.

After a moment's hesitation the feeling died down. That or she grew numb to it, Noche wasn't sure. Shuffling in her now wiggly bed Noche opened the book to the first page. What she did not notice was the unnatural crow-like shadow looming on the wall. Nor did she notice its big grinning maw full of jagged teeth. All she noticed the first entry of the journal in her hands.

 All she noticed the first entry of the journal in her hands