EON CH 78

WATER VS. FIRE.

1774, OCTOBER 03rd MONDAY 7:30 am.

Two brass bells rang as Noche opened the door. A collection of potted plants took the right wall with various cogs and gears as décor; verdant green vines ran between the decorations. Before her was two small aisles filled with snacks, three refrigerated doors, a concession stand, and a TV playing the Rad News.

"Raptorman y Dharma continue to be argued over freedom o safety!" A woman with a large magenta scorpion tail said. "Riots have beginning to break out en Dharma's section de la ciuda-CITY!"

"Grammar-"

"-YO SE! Puedo hablar ingles Rad!"

"English Venny."

The scorpion tail twitched side to side.

"A-Anyways... Due to these riots, Dharma has finally violated Raptorman's no-laws decree," Venny said. "As of this morning, la Voluntary Police Department have established a micro-democracy within her territory. Con las nuev... With these new laws, the V.P.D. have been arresting rioters and looters-"

The TV was changed to a cooking channel.

"Knock on metal, if you want a kettle, to make some tea, for you and me," a woman sang.

Noche approached the voice, a woman near the concession stand.

She put down a remote in her right hand. The arm had a tattoo of a green gear with a hourglass shaped tree inside; its roots equally spread out like its branches. Outside the gear was various leaves drawn to fall towards the words FOREST > TREES on her arm.

She wore a big, green, sleeveless, flannel collared-shirt in the style of an open jacket. It barely covered a brown tank top, which exposed too much cleavage and rose above her muffin-top belly. Neon green suspenders dangled loosely below her knees and were worn underneath a pair of khaki pants overflowing with black vine designs.

Lastly, she wore knee high black, rubber boots with a half-foot thick, green caution strip at its apex. The base of these boots had an outer, steel toe casing with a single screw-head at its tip. She stood before a tea pot with a cup in her black, cybernetic left arm. Neon green lights glowed on the ebony metal that was attached to her shoulder; with three spikes that were bolted directly into her clavicle.

She nearly jumped upon seeing Noche, "Gee golly gosh! A customer! Howdy, and welcome to Shaylin's shop o' junk!"

Her hair was vivid red and a third of it was shaved short on her front, left side. The rest of it hung down to her shoulders on her pale freckled skin. She had bright green eyes and two black, spike earrings on the lower left lobe. Faint laugh lines were visible next to a speck of oil on her freckled face.

A speck of black oil was her cheek.

A grin appeared on her face as she followed Noche's eyes.

"If you're wondering bout the hair, it's part shaved cause I'm a rebel," she snorted. "Definitely not because it gets stuck in the arm and I refuse to cut all my long hair. Nooooo."

Noche blinked. The red-head walked to the antique register, turned to Noche, and leaned on the counter.

"I'm Shaylin – Shaylin Gears!" She said, "What can I get for you love?"