EON CH 24

SHAYLIN'S  JUNK.

1774, SEPTEMBER 22nd THURSDAY 10:45am.

Noche and Dreg disembarked onto the eastern Cross docks. Despite being a major port of Cross, it was a rather small site. The nearby area was pretty barren, with little to no activity happening nearby. To their immediate left was the restricted military base. On their right was a singular civilian operated store. Near it was a few pine trees that swayed in the chilly ocean breeze.

At the bottom of the boat's ramp was a military jeep waiting for them. Noche threw the bucket in before either of them opened their door. Despite the civilian store being in walking distance, Dreg drove right up to it. Noche unbuckled her seatbelt, but Dreg raised his hand at her.

"Wait here." He said.

Noche narrowed her eyes at him. Unblinking, her gaze followed him as he got out — a topping at the sign above the shop.

"Shaylin's Shop of Junk?" She muttered. "SS Junk? Interesting name."

As Noche pulled out her exam study guide, her eyes shot wide open.

"DREG! Buy me some headphones! Did you hear me Dreg?! Headphones! I need my tunes to study! My tunes Dreg!" Noche shouted, "Electronics are too difficult to Create Dreg! The last time I tried to Create headphones, they exploded in my ears! My ears Dreg! It was traumatizing! Dreg! DREG?!

He showed no sign of hearing her, despite the short distance. Noche tightened the line on her mouth as her brows furrowed.

"How's a girl supposed to study for an exam without her tunes." She grumbled, "I have to pass this exam... Just focus on reading the study gui-"

Noche's face lit up. A mischievous grin appeared on her face as she held out her hand and a prismatic cylinder appeared. A moment later she had created, and was now holding, a permanent black marker. She turned to the puke bucket and malevolently giggled.

At the same time, Shaylin fidgeted with an antique cash register. It was the kind with type-writer like button and a glass case that contain hand-painted numbered signs within. Around her was the contents of her convenience-store. Sunglasses, nautical themed clothing, snacks, alcohol, novelty magnets, and other tourist-trap nick-knacks.

Aside from this, the two other things that stood out was her wall full of potted plants and a locked glass case full of electronics. They ranged from laptops, to cell phones, smart phones, to various types of gps. She made them all herself; from scratch. If it beeped, was made of wires, or had a motherboard... Then she could create it!

It was actually something only a handful of people in the whole world could do. Visualizing all the hardware was difficult enough, but to do all the software and coding in your head in seconds... It was something most people couldn't handle in one sitting. It's exactly why electronics, especially computers, were impossible to Create. Yet she was one of the few that COULD mentally visualize every little part. Every little line of coding, every soldering point, every color-band on every resistor... Everything.

Her store had a very earthen smell about it. She always kept an abundance of various plants and freshly turned dirt in here. Somedays, it felt more like a verdant garden then a tech-themed convenience store. To be fair, there was also a faint smell of oil and metal that lingered about. As for music, she normally left on the TV. But it was often drowned out by the hum of the fridge section.

She could turn it up, but she rarely had customers and it was easier to focus on repairing tech in silence. Below the TV was the concession stand. Right now she was sold out of blue raspberry slushy. Those stationed Cross soldiers across the street really liked blue raspberry... Yet they scarcely drank Punk-Pink strawberry. Guess the boys weren't interested in putting PPs in their mouths. The thought made her giggle.