Chapter 15

Emily's POV

"Why do I have to get my wisdom teeth out?!" Riley asked. We were in the hospital waiting room, the day after Riley's birthday. She was not very happy that she had to get her wisdom teeth removed.
"It's no big deal Ri." I said.
"I'm gonna be so weird after." She complained.
"Maybe. But it would just be the medicine." I said. "Is that why you don't want to get them removed?"
"No. It's gonna hurt. A lot."
"No Ri. I've had mine removed, you can't feel it. I promise."
"I remember that. You were all loony. And you had 2 pieces of cotton in your mouth, you looked like a walrus." She laughed.
"Watch it!"

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"You can see her now." The nurse told me after Riley's surgery. It was just me because dad was at work. I stood up and walked into the recovery room.
"Ri. What's wrong?" I asked her. She had tears streaming down her face, and her makeup was all smudged.
"My lip's fat." She said. I laughed. The medicine had weird effects on everyone. Whether you're loony, over-emotional, or sleepy, it's funny.
"Everyone's lips are fat Ri." I said standing beside her.
"No. It's just the bottom one. The top ones skinny." She said, pointing to show me, with the tears stopping.
"My lips fat too. See. It's normal." I said showing her.
"You're lips fat." She said as the tears fell again. "Why is your lip fat?" She sniffled.
"I don't know Ri."
"I wanna see Michelle and Chloe and James and Miss Kate, and everyone else." She whined.
"I know. You'll see them tomorrow." I said to her.
"I wanna see them now."
"But they can't come in the recovery room. Only family can." I told her.
"James can come in. He's family sort of. This ring. It's a promise ring. I promised to marry him." She said pointing to a ring on her middle finger.
"I'll tell you what, I'll ask him to drive you and I home. Ok?"
"Yeah."
"So. You'll see James."
"I don't wanna see James. I wanna see Michelle and Chloe, and Gisselle and...... Eldon, and Thalia and...... West... And..... That's it." She said.
"You don't wanna see Hunter?" I asked.
"No. I do. I don't wanna see you."
"You don't wanna see me?"
"Uh huh. Is that Dairy Queen?" Riley asked me. "I haven't eaten in 8 hours." She said holding up 6 fingers.
"I know. I got hungry." I told her.
"You are meticulous!" She said angrily. "Meticulous means 'mean' right?"
"No. It means particular." I explained.
"Oh." She said looking straight ahead of her instead of at me. "Then you are meticulously evil!" She said turning to face me.
"I'm meticulously evil?" I asked laughing.
"Yeah. You know I love Dairy Queen and- are you laughing at me?!" She asked.
"No." I said trying to stop.
"Yeah you are." She said. "I'm mad at you."
"Why are you mad at me? Because I was laughing?"
"No! Because you got Dairy Queen without me!"
"Yeah. You really like Dairy Queen. It's good."
"Now you're rubbing it in!" She screamed.
"I'm not trying to."
"I'm mad at you."
"Why?" I asked.
"Because. You're meticulously evil." She explained angrily as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.
"Got it. I'm meticulously evil."
"Yeah."

Comment if you're lucky enough to have a snow day as well.