Chapter 18

James's POV

Riley's kiss soon turned into a rough make out session. Eventually, we pulled away when we heard the front door open. Emily ran into Riley's room. "Riley!" She said.
"What's wrong?" Riley asked worriedly.
"The Next Step is over. We found an eviction notice on the door!" Emily said.
"What?!" Riley asked standing up off her bed.
"We have to go to the studio to talk to Kate. All of us." She added at the end looking at me.
"Ok." I said and stood up waking out behind Riley and Emily.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Is it true?" Riley asked walking into Kate's office.
"Yes. We have to be out in a week." Kate said sadly.
"Maybe we can find another place to dance." Thalia suggested.
"Maybe. But it won't be the same." Kate said. "I have to bring some stuff to the car." She told us and carried a box out.
"What are we going to do?" Riley asked.
"I'm not going to stop dancing." I said.

Michelle's POV

"Well. If we can't find a space, none of us can dance." I said.
"Unless we join different studios. But I can't compete against you." Emily said.
"Building condos is a stupid reason. Just build in one of the many open fields that are never used for anything." West said.
"It's not that simple." Hunter said.
"Well. At least it was an idea." West said angrily.
"Not a very good one." Hunter retaliated. They continued to fight, and everyone else started to fight over places to dance, what to do, or whether we should try and stop West and Hunter.
"Stop it!" Riley yelled loudly over all of us. We turned and looked at her. "All this fighting is never gonna get us anywhere. If we continue like this, we'll never come to a conclusion." She said quieter. I took a deep breath.
"Riley's right. We've been fighting all the time. I think we just need to take a break. Like take 5." I said.
"What are we going to do? Go done to Culture Shock and expect everything to be fixed?" Gisselle asked.
"No. I'm saying we take 5 weeks or 5 months away from each other, and then come back to this." I explained.
"I don't think-" Eldon started, but Emily cut him off.
"I think that's a pretty good idea." She said.
"But what if we don't reconnect, what if we just forget about this?" Chloe asked.
"Well. How about if we all put it in our phones that today in 10 years we meet in this very spot. So that way if we forget, we still reconnect." Emily suggested. We all nodded and put it in our phones.
"See you later then." Thalia said and left, everyone following behind her.