Chapter 17

James's POV

"Riley." I said. I was so mad at myself. It was my fault she didn't recognize me, or even know me. I couldn't believe it. I just hurt her, and on top of that, she doesn't remember me. "You don't remember me?" Her eyes, normally so full of life and love and happiness, were now blank, with a bit of confusion set in. She shook her head, a confused expression on her face. I leaned my forehead against hers. "Do you remember Emily? Or Michelle? Chloe? Anyone?" I asked, hoping she at least remembered someone. Even if it wasn't me. She shook her head again, her hair waving back and forth slightly. I couldn't believe it. I could've cracked her head open, thankfully I didn't, and I took her memory. "This is all my fault." I said. "I'm so sorry Riles. How could I take your memory from you?" I asked, feeling responsible for everything. She shook her head yet again.
"No James. I'm only messing with you." She told me, the blank expression leaving her face, to be replaced with a hurt one. "How could you do that to me?" She asked me, looking straight into my eyes. She looked the most hurt I've ever seen her. "I thought you loved me." She said quietly.
"I do Riles." I pleaded.
"Than how could you do that to me?" She asked, her eyes never leaving mine.
"I don't know. I guess, I was scared if anyone found out about the ring, they'd try to break us apart. And I don't want that to happen. I love you Riley. So much. More than words can describe. And I'm sorry for hurting you, but if you accept my apology, I'll help with that bump, and we'll be fine." I told her. "But. If you don't trust me enough, that's ok too." She stared at me for a long time. I got the memo and stood up. I opened her bedroom door, and was about to leave when she spoke.
"James. Wait." I looked at her. "I forgive you." She said. I smiled.
"I'll go get some ice." I told her.

Riley's POV

I held my head and waited as James left. He came back with an ice pack. "Here." He said helping me put it on the bump.
"Thanks." I said to him.
"I am really sorry." He said.
"It's fine." I told him and slowly leaned in, letting him know that I really did forgive him.

I'm planning on finishing this book next chapter. I'm thinking of a sequel. If you'd like me to make one, please comment saying so.