Chapter 9

Emily's POV

We were flying to Denver for moms funeral. Mom grew up there and always wanted to be buried there. So that's where we are having the funeral. "Why don't you two sit together?" Dad asked. He was talking to me and Riley. We hadn't talked for 3 weeks. We just sort of looked at each other before I answered
"Yeah sure." Riley sat by the window and I took the aisle seat. She looked out the window the whole time. I sighed and put my head phones in. The whole flight Riley and I never acknowledged each other. When we landed we made our way to the hotel to get ready. The funeral was only 2 hours after we landed, for some strange reason. During the middl of the funeral I saw Riley crying. "Are you ok?" I whispered to her.
"What? Care about me suddenly?" She whispered back. I took a deep breath as I looked away. After the service was over, we went back to the hotel. It's now 8:00. Riley and I were stuck sharing a room together. Something was bugging me since the funeral.
"Riley. What did you mean when you said 'care about me suddenly' at the funeral?" I asked.
"Em. You kissed my boyfriend. Right in front of me." She had tears in her eyes.
"Ri I-" I started.
"No. Stop. Just. Just stop." She said walking into the washroom.
"Riley!" I said following her. "Get back here!"
"Right. So do you want to 'talk this out' or just apologize and go back to being sisters?!" She said adding air quotes to the 'talk this out' part.
"I'd like to talk it out."
"You kissed my boyfriend. I saw. We're done talking!" She said quietly, but you could tell by her voice she was obviously upset.
"Riley! I want to talk to you!" I said angrily.
"Well maybe I don't want to talk to you!" She said angrily. We must of argued for another 20 minutes before she walked out of the room.
"Where the heck do you think you're going?!" I asked her from the doorway.
"Away from you." She called over her shoulder.
"Ri. This is ridiculous. Just get back in the room."
"No."
"Ri. Just-" I started but she ran down the stairs before I could finish.