Chapter 13

James's POV

I heard the front door open. I slowly let go of Riley and stood up. As I walked to the door, I heard Riley. "James. What is it?" She asked.
"Just stay here." I told her. I walked downstairs and looked at the front door. "Mom. Dad. What are you doing here?" I asked.
"The wedding was last weekend. Your father mixed up the date." She said unhappily. I laughed. That sounded just like dad.
"Hi Debra." I heard Riley say behind me.
"Hi Riley." My mom smiled. Riley walked over to me. "James. You sister needs her sleeping bag. She forgot it. It's in the treehouse. Can you get it?" Mom asked.
"Sure." I replied and grabbed Riley's hand, pulling her outside. I climbed the ladder to the treehouse an opened the door.

Riley's POV

I got up to the treehouse. "James." His father said. "What are you doing up there?" James chose to ignore.
"James. You should answer him." I said quietly. He shrugged.
"I'm coming up." He said. Then he climbed the ladder and came up. "Answer my question."
"Andy. Leave them alone!" Debra said.
"No. Debra. I have my own brain." Andy called down.
"I'm coming up there and giving you a piece of my mind." Debra said annoying. James looked at me as he held the sleeping bag. Debra got up and stood up.
"Do you think the treehouse can really hold all of us?" James asked. Then we heard a horrible sound. A loud snap. Then, as if on cue, the whole treehouse fell.

James's POV

We all lay on the grass, the remains of the treehouse around us. "Riley. Are you ok?" I asked, as I sat up.
"Yeah, if my whole body's supposed to be 50 shades of black and blue." She said. I stood up and helped her up. "Debra, Andy. Are you ok?" Riley asked.
"Yes honey. Thank you." Mom said.
"James. What will Emily say?" Riley asked. I laughed.
"We'll find out. In.." I stopped myself. "Practice, which starts in 15 minutes."