Chapter 4

Riley's POV

James had been acting weird all week around me. I'm pretty sure everyone else was noticing it too. He almost always had his arm around me. When his arm wasn't around me, he had our hand intertwined. Whenever we were alone he'd just start kissing me. Whenever we were with anyone else, he'd have his arm around. When we were with other guys, he'd hug me closer to him until I was so close I could barely breath. I tried to brush it off, but it didn't work. I couldn't shake the feeling that something was up. And it wasn't like anyone else could talk to me about it, or vies versa, because he was always there. I just wish Beth hadn't given up on trying to go out with him. Then I could have her distract him. Right then James walks up beside me. He put his arm around me.

James's POV

I put my arm around Riley. I know it's weird. But it's not like she can say she doesn't like some of it. She doesn't mind the kissing part of it. I can tell without having to ask. And I don't think she minds my arm around her. I mean, it was kinda glued to her anyways.

Riley's POV

Ok. So maybe I don't mind the kissing, as long as it doesn't go too far. And he's right. His arm was glued to me before anyways. So it's not like that different. But he seems jealous. Like he thinks someone's trying to take me from him. But, I mean, he holds me as close to him as possible around West and Eldon. I mean. They aren't going to steal their best friends girlfriend. I don't even like them in that way. It's like 'we're just friends James'. Even around Hunter though. He's dating my sister! I'd never be able to take him from my sister, no matter how much I may end up liking him.

James's POV

I doubt Eldon or West would take her from me. And I know that Riley wouldn't date Hunter because he's Emily's boyfriend. But I can't act like anythings different with them. So I do what I'd do around any other boy. But I can never be too careful either.