Chapter 17: The Red Dress

Tara stepped out of the shower and grabbed a bathrobe to cover her dewy self in silken warmth. Jake's apartment had heated floors in the washrooms and it was the most exquisite feeling - stepping out of the shower onto warm tiles. Tara grabbed her brush and squirted some toothpaste on it. The door to the bathroom opened with a gentle click and Jake peeked in, Tara looked at him in the full length bathroom mirror and they exchanged a smile - his was sexy and hers, shy. Jake walked in and stood behind her, wrapping his arms around her which made Tara feel all warm and cozy.
"You smell so good!" Jake exclaimed kissing Tara's neck.
Tara bent her head back and closed her eyes in pleasure. Jake nuzzled and kissed her neck a few more times, and before Tara knew it, she was finding it hard to catch her breath. Jake began exploring her curves above the towel, he touched and caressed her breasts and then slowly made his way down to where the robe was tied at her waist. He held his hands above the knot waiting for Tara to urge him to open it. Tara opened her eyes to look at him in the mirror and as much as she wanted him to continue, she could also see the bathroom clock showing the time to be fifteen past six. If they wanted to reach the office party in time, they had to rush getting dressed.
"You know we are already running late! We don't have time." Tara said, feeling a tad bit disappointed.
Jake stared at her in the mirror and started to rub her belly above the towel, leaving the knots be. "I hate to admit this, but you are right. Can't show up late when you are one of the bosses!"
Tara smiled and crossed her arms over his. "I hope I make a good impression on everyone today."
"They will love you, don't you worry!"
"The entire staff will be there?" Tara inquired anxiously.
"Yes, they have all been invited."
"Well, you need to leave the bathroom then, so that I can dress, I want to look presentable!"
"You will looking stunning." Jake gave Tara a peck on the cheek and hopped in the shower.
Tara went to the walk-in closet and took out a red-maroon gown wrapped in plastic. The gown was bias cut with spagetti straps, it was covered in sections by red and maroon rhinestones which sparkled with movement and it had a bold slit on the left. Tara examined her dress to work out the kind of makeup she was going to wear with it. She knew she wasn't going to wear heavy eye makeup because of the bold color but she wanted to be brave and put on crimson red lipstick to match the dress.
Tara opened a dresser drawer and took out her eye shadow kit. After priming, and applying foundation and contour, she applied soft makeup to her eyes followed by a winged eye-liner and some mascara. She finished her look with a dark red lip. Next, she used a curling iron to add loose curls to her mid-back length hair. When she was satisfied with her appearance, she removed the plastic from the dress and carefully slipped into it.
"Well...I seem alright...I guess." Tara spoke to herself as she examined her image in the mirror.
Jake stepped out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around his waist, he looked at Tara and stopped in his tracks. "Tara, wow! You look incredible." He came close to her to give her a hug but she put a hand out letting him know that he'd get her all wet.
"Really? I look alright?" Tara asked him feeling nervous.
"You look stunning! I'll be the envy of everyone at the party tonight!" Jake declared with pride.
Tara blushed, "Thank you, I think I am a little less nervous knowing that you have every confidence in me!"
"Dear, you'll do fine. You'll do brilliant!" Jake said as he examined her once more from head to toe.