Chapter 23: Hot and Bothered

Tara slept at around 2 am after waiting for Jake for three hours. She was stirred by a 'click' sound at around 4 in the morning; Tara made an effort to open her eyes, the room came to a hazy focus and she saw Jake's shadowy form under the door frame.
"Jake! You are back!" Tara exclaimed groggily.
"Go back to sleep, Tara." Jake's voice was unfamiliar and heavy as he said those words.
Tara tried to jolt herself out of her sleep induced state but she was too tired to become completely alert. She adjusted herself on her pillow and tried to say something coherent, "How's your sister doing, Jake?"
Silence followed her question and she tried to open her eyes to see what Jake was doing. Immediately a sleep mask covered her eyes and a hand caressed her cheek and a sweet order followed, "Sleep!"
The hand was about to move away but Tara languorously grabbed it and gave the back a gentle kiss. Tara felt the thumb move across her upper and lower lip in absolute gentleness. Tara found the gesture both soothing and arousing.
"I missed you...", she confessed.
The index finger of the hand came to her lips to quiet her and she kissed it, still drugged with sleep.
"Kiss me and I will sleep, promise!" Tara pleaded.
There was a wonderful feeling forming in the pit of the stomach, she didn't want him to stop touching her. The hand slowly brushed against her face and made it's way down to her neck, rubbing the sides with the fingers. Tara's labored breathing challenged him to explore further-- the hand slipped lower of its own accord.
"Ahhh!" Tara's husky murmur was enough of an encouragement and the hand slipped to one of her breast under the nightgown.
"Jake! I feel insane!"
The hand cupped her breast, fondling it with delicate care.
"Ja--" Tara's lips were silenced as the mouth decended on her, stealing her breathe away, making her gasp for air.
"Tara" the mouth said all the while kissing her, "Tara."
His voice sounded so thick and lustful to her drowsy senses and the kiss was so potent that she dared not let her mind function. She was oblivous to everything, except the mouth that was on her.
He kissed her again and again; harder, softer, gentle, with pressure. Tara couldn't believe how pleasurable kissing him was. How come he had never kissed her like this before? He was driving her mad with passion, making her yearn for him with an intensity she did not know she possessed.
"Jake, I want you...inside me."
Suddenly, the kiss stopped.
"Jake..." Tara sleepily called out to him but she didn't hear a sound. Sleep overcame her again and she slept, all wet between the legs and yet, thoroughly satiated.
When Tara woke up again the clock was showing 8 am as the time. She heard the door open and Jake walked in.
"Tara! I am sorry I woke you." Jake looked really beat-up, with bags under his eyes.
"Jake, it seems like you didn't sleep at all."
"I didn't." Jake admitted solemnly.
"How was it with your sister?"
"She is fine. In fact, I would like for you to freshen up and come outside. She is here."
"Your sister's in our apartment?"
"Yes, darling!"
Tara didn't know what to say to him. Jake had taken her by surprise yet again. She didn't know what it was about the way he just did things that made her uncomfortable, it felt like he refused to acknowledge that it was him and her in this relationship. "Oh! I'll go change up and meet her."
"That will be wonderful, Tara. Thanks a lot! And I am sorry about springing this up on you all of a sudden. I hope you understand."
"No, totally! Will she like something for breakfast?"
"Yes, please, get changed real quick and meet her and ask her yourself, I think she'll really like that!"
Tara climbing out of the bed hurriedly, feeling the wetness between her legs as the early morning memories came rushing back to her and she decided that she was not going to be bothered by Jake's little surprise because of how amazing it was between them when he decided to put a sleep mask over her eyes.
Jake started to empty his pant pockets on to the dressing table and Tara noticed that he hadn't changed out of last night's clothing, "Jake, why didn't you change when you got home?"
"Sweety, I have been home all but fifteen minutes...! A hot shower and a fresh shirt is all I have on my mind."
Tara who was in the process of heading to bathroom paused to consider what Jake had just said to her, and her eyes widened in response, "Didn't you get home at 4?"
"No, that wasn't me. You must have heard Ian at the door. He stopped by to pick up some papers he needed this morning, he picked up keys from me at mom's."
Tara froze. She didn't know how to process all the information Jake had just given her and so she questioned him again, "You are telling me you got home just now?"
"Yes, baby!"
"It was Ian?" Tara murmured under breath. "No, it was a dream!"
"Tara, babe, what did you just say?" Jake asked, preoccupied with undoing his zipper.
"No, nothing, I said nothing...what kind of papers did Ian want at four in the morning?"
"I had called to let him know that I wasn't coming in today. So he needed to grab porposals to show Mabel West today."
"Oh!"
Jake saw Tara's worried expression and asked, "Tara, what's wrong? Is it about Brooke? Are you uncomfortable about her staying here?"
Tara who was lost in a completely different train of of thoughts managed to understand the part about Brooke staying with them and asked Jake about it with preoccupation, "Brooke will stay with us?"
"Yes, only for a couple of days. Till this thing with her husband blows over!"
"Oh, alright."
"Tara, I know I just sprung this up on you but she'll be gone to Texas in a week."
"No, Jake, come on. She is your sister! I am perfectly fine with her staying over here."
"I love the fact that you are easy going, my lovely!" Jake embraced her in a warm hug.
Tara hugged him back, all the while trying to make sense of what had happened early morning. Was it real? Or had she imagined the entire thing?