Chapter 48: Euphoria

Looking down, the sixty seven steps appeared too steep and treacherous. Tara called out to Ian who was already down around thirty of them, "Ian, are you sure these wooden steps are sturdy? They look like they'll crack under least amount of pressure!"
Ian turned around on his thirty-first step, "do you want me to come up and get you?" And before Tara could answer, Ian began climbing back up and reached her in under a minute, he stood on a step lower than Tara's and held out his hand. Tara took it in haste.
"These steps are solid. They have been able to withstand my weight, so you'll be fine, don't worry!" Ian reassured her.
Tara nervously smiled at him as she followed his lead. "I can't believe you are the one taking me sightseeing in my own hometown!"
"Why don't we talk about the view from up here? Do you see how far the beach stretches? As far as the eye can reach, there's just water and sand!"
Tara could see why Ian suddenly wanted to discuss the beach; it was to distract her, so she wouldn't worry climbing down the steps that gave the beach its name -- 67 Steps Beach. "Yes, the sight is absolutely breathtaking!"
Ian's descent was rather slow compared to how fast he had gone down before; it was for her sake that he took each step with painstaking care. Tara's fear slowly gave way to a more affectionate emotion - admiration. The way Ian took care of her, the way he was by her side, always, made her feel more confident and secure.
"I can't believe that you lived here your entire life and never visited this North Fork beauty!" They were closing to the last of steps as Ian made this observation.
"Yes, I can't believe it either. Maybe it was because of the steep climb down!" Tara quipped.
Ian laughed at that and, with her hand in his, they descended down the remaining stairs to land on the grainy sand.
With the approaching sunset, Ian sanguinely led Tara down a path, at the end of which, a cabana had been erected. Ian held on tight to Tara's hand as they reached closer to the solitary hut. The structure had a planked roof, light wood flooring with white drapes bound along the open side of it. The other three sides comprised of thatched walls.
The inside, was a stuff of dreams -- Tara witnessed a lavish display of delicious foods, decked on a low lying table; and in a corner was a wicker rattan day bed, adorned with fluffy, brown coushions against white, linen upholstery. There were numerous candles lit in round, glass candle holders. And rose petals were scattered all over the table, the day bed and across the sanded, wooden floor.
"Ian, what is all this? When did you have time to do this?" Tara questioned Ian in utter wonder.
Ian gave Tara the softest smile, "I called a few people...and booked the beach."
Tara thought she didn't hear him right, "the entire beach?!"
"Yes, for the whole night. Nobody can disturb us here till morning!" Ian guided Tara to the cushions placed beside the table and motioned her to sit on one, he then made his way to the other one and settled down.
Tara wrapped her face in her hands, "I can't believe you did all this for...me!"
"You deserve so much more." Ian held out his hand to Tara and she took it as both of them watched the sun set.
As the sun began to disappear, Tara witnessed the sky turn a fiery orange and dusky yellow, and blue grey just before it completely shrouded itself behind the clouds. A symphony of colors lit the sky -- like an artist's palette, as he passionately completes his masterpiece.
Tara felt a calm and peace spread through her entire being. She inhaled the sweet, sea breeze and concentrated on the feel of her hand in Ian's. The secluded beach and sound of slow moving waves settled the beat of her heart to a slow, tranquil murmur. She felt volumes were spoken in silence between herself and Ian. It was an unimaginably incredible first date.
"Ian...thank you!" She knew, he knew, what she meant. Her 'thank you' was not that but much more, so much more.
In silence, Ian started to assemble single portions of different dishes on the table in a plate. The plate was quietly handed to Tara. "Eat, my lovely."
The menu included seafood -- there was Puffer Fish, Lobster Frittata, soup, fruits and dessert.
As Tara placed her plate in front of her, she decided to try the soup first. When Tara was pouring her soup in a bowl, she noticed a tiny flame was lit under the soup, keeping it hot. "What's this soup called? I haven't had it before."
"Buddah Jumps Over the Wall, it's a shark fin soup."
"Such a unique name. It tastes like heaven. Ian, this food isn't from around here, is it? The presentation and the taste seem like the work of a michelin star chef! Who arranged this menu?"
"The food came from restaurant in Manhattan. The chef coincidentally does hold, not one but two, michelin stars!...I wanted you to have the best, Tara."
"We have slept together, we are living together,...I have visited your parents but we hadn't had a first date. I wanted it to be special; you mean the world to me. I know there's uncertainty surrounding our future, and there's somebody out there who wants to create havoc our lives, but in this moment, you and I are free -- this is our little piece of heaven and for tonight I want you and I to think nothing of outside troubles. I want us to think only of each other. I want to lose myself in you and I want you lost in me."
Tara blushed crimson as Ian caressed her hand with his thumb. What he had said to her was exactly what she was feeling. She wanted this night to be theirs. She wanted no thoughts of the outter world to creep in to their cocoon of serenity. This night was about her and Ian and, sorrow, heartache, fear or danger had no place in a night this magical.
Tonight he was wholly hers and she was wholly his.
"You have me, Ian. Tonight -- in my entirety. I hand my being to you and tonight, we are bound together, the two of us, in a fantastical wonderland. Just you and I!"
Ian bent forward and captured Tara's mouth in a euphoric kiss. His lips intertwined with hers, in hunger, in unfulfilled lust, in burning desire and in infinite tenderness. When the kiss ended Tara felt branded by his coaxing
mouth and her lips trembled in a sweet, hot ache.
Tara and Ian finished the food on their plates, after which Ian offered her fruits and desserts.
"I am already full from the savoury dishes. How about we take a walk on the beach so that I can make some room for dessert in my tummy?"
Ian got up and came around to Tara'a side and extended his hand to her. Tara took it and stood up. They stared in each other's eyes. The blue in Ian's eyes was blazing tonight -- like an iceberg set on fire. He had made the impossible possible, by giving them a little chunk of land away from everything and everyone.
"Are you real?" Ian's question was asked in immense fascination.
Tara smiled. "I am real and I am yours."
Tara received another enrapturing kiss. Both of them began to walk hand in hand, along the edge of the land and sea, where the water snuck up on them as waves pushed along to the shore. The wet sand had the imprints of the two lovers walking abreast, and then the water came and absorbed those imprints, in its chest, like the million other stories it holds.
The beach had several rocks and boulders - all shapes and sizes, distributed along the edge of the shore. There were wild flower bushes among the plants that slanted down to the beach. The imminent night held wild, beauteous promises and the light breeze that blew across the land and water, sang songs of lovers in sweet retreat.
"What was it like, growing up here?"
"It was the kind of picture perfect life every child deserves! I was very lucky. My parents raised us to live life on our own terms. We didn't have a lot of money growing up but we were happy. I had never known a world different than the one I was raised in. It was...blissful." Tara reminisced.
"Why did you move to the city?"
"It is the stories one hears, the things people tell you. Living in the city is living in the middle of it all -- New York's so many experiences all at the same time. The city is an amalgam of countless cultures, ethnicities, languages. You learn something new everyday. As much as I enjoyed growing up in a peaceful environment, I am well on my way to learn and explore as an adult. Now that I have savings of my own, I wish to travel. I have always wanted to visit Africa. See the wilderness...the nature, I want to see how humans adapt to environments different than what I have experienced up till now."
"When all this is over, I would like to come along with you. Is your dream to do all this alone or is there a room for one more person in your plans?"
"There's always room for you."
Ian squeezed her hand and clutched on to it in a firm grip.
"Ian, tell me something about yourself, something that nobody else knows."
"You know...about my spiral down into darkness; when I was in college and on the day Jake died. I have come to believe that you calm me down. Around you my darkness isn't all-consuming. You are my light, Tara. My guilt and sorrow doesn't engulf me if you are around me. By being with me, you have made me stronger, more in control of myself and my demons."
"Ian, I am by your side, always, whenever you need me. What happened to your parents and Jake is...life. There will always be times when life would be hell but know that I will be by your side to make everything alright again."
Ian held her hand and they turned around to walk back to their cabana.
Ian unknotted the drapes of the cabana and began to close them. Tara's heart beat wildly in her chest. When the curtains were closed and they were in their own, personal oasis, Ian moved towards Tara. The light within the cabana was low as the candles began to die out. Tara was wearing an off-shoulder beach dress, knotted at the waist and just like Ian had unknotted the drapes seconds ago, he came to Tara and began to unknot her dress at the waist. Ian then took hold of Tara's white dress near the shoulders and slowly pulled it down to reveal her tender, hard nipples to his view. The dress slid down her stomach revealing her deep, hollow belly button and then it slid down to her thighs and ended up on the floor. Tara stood in front of Ian in a low-cut thong and nothing more.
Ian then gently massaged her stomach and spoke close to her ear, "you have the body of an enchantress. Your green eyes are bewitching, they charm you into telling all and unburdening your soul. Your lips are honeydew and strawberries, having a taste of them inflames me and I want more, so much more. You have beautiful, round breasts and rosy, taut nipples. They fit so perfectly in my mouth; sucking on them makes me hard with need. Your stomach with that sexy belly button is where I want to tongue you and I want to tongue you lower -- you know that, between your thighs where you become wet, so very wet, when my lips touch you, kiss you, when my tongue licks you and where I enter you. When you tell me you are mine, you are telling me that all of this", he roughly spread his hand all over Tara's body, "is mine!"
"Yes...I am yours, all of this is...yours!" Tara breathlessly confessed. She then held Ian's hand and took him to the day bed. Ian's eyes were desire and surprise. She motioned him to sit down and she sat across his lap. She unzipped his trousers and pulled out his manhood. She rubbed his enormous shaft and watched him groan and tighten his body. She grabbed his upper arm for support and then took in the entire length of him. He gave another grunt of pleasure. Tara rocked back and forth in gentle movement, taking him all in with each drop and rotating her hips ever so lightly for him to get maximum stimulation. She then reversed herself and again sat down on him. This time it was was her ass that faced him. As she rode him at different angles and speeds, Ian grabbed her buttocks in both his hands and gave them a squeeze. She moaned in heat. Ian then grabbed all of her hair in his fist and she began to ride him fiercely. He smacked her ass with the other hand.
"Yes, that's right, princess. Go faster. Yeah. That's right. Right there. Yes. Yes."
Tara felt an insane, hot whirlpool forming in the pit of her stomach and she kept going. Ian still held her hair and the other hand firmly grasped her butt-cheek in painful, pleasurable grip. The whirlpool quickly began to travel up her chest and down her legs. She knew she was almost there so she rode him hard and fast and then screamed in ecstasy as she orgasmed.
Ian let go of her hair and ass and grabbed both her breasts in his hands and kissed her neck where it met her shoulders at the back. She gently got off him feeling a bit sore between her legs. "Did you come?"
"Yes, right before you."
"I was so present in the moment, I didn't notice. It was insane for me....Did you enjoy?"
"It was insane for me too. I have dreamt of you, on me, like this, so many times but this was so much hotter than any of those fantasies. You can drive a man mad with lust and wanting. After this, I may never let you out of my bed."