4. Familial Curse

Call it a curse or a blessing.

The eldest Kamada daughters of my family have been inhabited by the old deity goddess of beauty, fertility and luck, Kichijōten. When the deity was near death in her human form she entrusted her unique abilities to her most loyal servant since she had no next of kin.

Her beautiful abilities have blessed the Kamada's and their families for generations upon generations.

However, as expected, somewhere down the line, her serene and beautiful abilities were used for evil, leaving them to be cursed and hellish for the future generations.

As one would guess, out of me and the set of younger twin sisters below me, I bear the familial curse. I've had it since birth and I've trained my whole life to control Kichijōten's powers.

Little did I know, the one I love would bear the same burden I do now.

"What are you doing here?" He asks.

My breath hitched as I suddenly remembered as to why I even showed up at the hospital in the first place. I sigh as I pull away from his arms before i walk over to his duffel bag on the bed, focusing on packing his grandfather's belongings instead of having to meet his worried and confused look.

I shove everything in and pick it up. "Come on. We need to do all the paperwork. We can talk somewhere more private with my classmate" I say as I walk past him and out of the room.

He followed in close pursuit, remaining quiet, not pushing me to answer the question he asked earlier.

We quickly made it to the front desk and I remain silent, standing off to the side as I allow Yuji to do what he needs to.

'Tell him child. You need to sooner or later' Kichijōten admits. 'Your thoughts are saying not to. You know If you don't, that curse's power will kill all of us'

"Argh. I know. I know. But Yuji just lost his grandfather, Kich. We both know how much Wasuke meant to Yu. The last thing he needs on his damn plate is the fact that he's holding a lethal curse. Something he doesn't even understand" I argue under my breath.

Kichijōten didn't get the chance to respond before Yu suddenly walked over to me. "Okay. I'm done with everything. Are you okay?" He asks.

I sigh as my lips purse together.

"You know how I told you that I was attending a private religious school before highschool?" I ask, never meeting his eyes. The boy only hummed. "Well. It isn't a religious school" I begin to explain. His eyebrows raised but he remained silent otherwise, his wordless looks begging me to continue explaining.

"Its a school that trains people like me, Jujutsu Sorcerers is what we call them, to exorcize curses in the world" I hear Fushiguro's voice admit from across the room.

Both of us look over at my classmate. "Who are you?" Yuji asks.

"Fushiguro from Jujutsu Tech. I'm a first year like Hikari" He explains. Fushiguro walked in farther into the room.

I finally meet his eyes as I took a deep breath. "You unfortunately got your hands on a very dangerous curse Yu" I add.

"Huh? What do you mean?" He asks. I pull my phone from the pocket of my uniform's pocket and quickly pull up the picture of the special grade object and its open container. Yuji leaned in closer to get a better look. "Ah. That. Yeah. I didn't really care for it but few of my upperclassmen did." He explains. He met my eyes again. "How is that dangerous?" He asks.

I stuff my phone back in my pocket before I continue. "Its a special grade curse Yuji. To say the least, it's been the cause of more than a few deaths" I admit. I let out a loud, big sigh. "Listen Yuji, we really need that box." I say.

He heard the genuine concern in my tone and quickly reached in his pocket. He pulled out the small box that contained Sukuna's finger and gave it to me. I snatch it from his hand and quickly open to confirm it was there.

It wasnt. 'Of course it isn't. The careless boy had it. ' Kichijōten snaps somewhere in the back of my mind. I ignore the curse's words.

"Yu. It's not here" I announce as I snap shut the box.

His eyebrows raised as he took in my words. "Oh. Uh..well I mean, no one touched it besides me and my...upperclassmen" He says, his tone dropping with fear as he realized it. My breath hitched.

"They have it?!" I say with my voice going an octave higher with fear hidden behind my words.

"They were planning on unwrapping it tonight at the school." He explains as his face fell with worry.

"Dammit. They're taking off the talisman." Fushiguro says.

I groan as I shoved the box in my pocket. "Where are they doing it Yu?" I ask.

"The occult room" He answers.

I turn to Fushiguro to be sure he heard the same. His eyebrows furrowed, the look on his face showing that he did. "What's gonna happen to them? Are they gonna be okay?" Yuji asks.

"They aren't if we don't get there before all the cursed spirits that'll show up when they unwrapped that thing" Fushiguro admits.

"Come on. We gotta go" I say to Yuji and Fushiguro.