9. Ethics

Walking out from the convinence store, I hand Yuji his popsicle before I hop to sit on the railing next to him. I unscrew the lid to my soda and took a drink. "Our 4th first year? That's like practically nothing" Yuji says.

"Be honest. Have you ever met anyone who outright admits that they can see curses?" Megumi asks.

"No...not that I can think of" Yuji says after some thought.

"That's because Jujutsu Sorcerers are hard to come by these days, Yu. We're part of a lessening minority." I say.

"Who are they anyway?" He asks. I only shrug.

"Sorry I'm late!" I hear Gojo announce from across the sidewalk. All our attention turned to him as he approached us.

"Why are we meeting up in Harajuku?" Fushiguro asks.

"Because its what she asked for" He answers.

"She" probably being the new first year. I'm just glad I won't be stuck with three sets of XY chromosomes alone for the rest of the year.

"I want some popcorn" Yuji admits suddenly, knocking me out of my thoughts. "Here. Ill get you a strawberry crepe too. You like those right?" He says to me before he stood off the railing and quickly hurried off out of sight. I smile, watching him before I sigh.

I missed him.

'Its a shock that he remains in a physically fit state even after eating like a swine.' Kich simply states. I laugh under my breath, observing my surroundings before Yuji quickly came back with a bag of popcorn, a wrapped strawberry crepe and a set of sunglasses that spell the word ROCK.

I laugh quietly as Yuji comes up to us.

He handed off the wrap, smiling before suddenly turning his attention to something across the street. I turn to look where he was looking at.

A girl my age, dressed in a uniform similar to ours....was harassing a modeling agent. I let out a audible sigh as I turn to face our teacher. "Is that her?" I ask Gojo.

He replied with a simple nod.

"We're about to go talk to her? That's embarrassing" Yuji says.

"Says you" Fushiguro remarks, earning a quiet snicker from me.

"Hey! Over here!" Gojo announces.

She took notice of our teacher and approached us with an armload of bags from a shopping haul. Before she could even greet us, she admits she wants to put her things in a locker before the events Gojo is going to take us on today.

As he agrees, I finish off the crepe and toss the wrapper in the trash, returning to Yuji's side before stealthily snatching his cheap sunglasses from his face.

We all start off down the street with the new girl in the lead. As we walk, I busy myself with Yuji, stealing a few pieces of popcorn and laughing when he complains.

It wasn't long before we arrive at a set of public lockers that cost 400 yen to rent, silently waiting for her to finish before we begin the formalities.

She stuffed her keys in her pocket after shutting the metal door to her locker as Gojo announced "Alright. Introduce yourselves".

"Kugisaki Nobara. Pleasure to make your acquaintance" She says, placing a hand on her hip as if she didn't want to do it at all. Brash and overly confident. Not bad qualities in someone, so long they're able to back it up.

"Its nice to finally have another girl around." I cross my arms before I announce "I'm Hikari Kamada". She smiled, actually appearing to be content with my presence, and turned to Yuji. "I'm Yuji Itadori. From Sendai" He admits. Her face fell before turning to Megumi. "Megumi Fushiguro" He admits blandly. She sighs.

"Why do I always get stuck with the unfortunate circumstances" She says.

I purse my lips, slapping my hand over my mouth to prevent a laugh from escaping as Yuji next to me says with utter disappointment "she took one look at us and sighed".

I quietly chuckle. "Its alright. You're still my favorite person" I whisper in his ear before pressing a gentle kiss to his cheek. He looked over to me in the corner of his eye and the look of disappointment dissipated into a soft smile. His hand interlaced with mine.

As I admit this, Megumi turned to Gojo and asked " Where to now?"

"Well since we're all here, I'm going to take you guys on a tour of Tokyo" Gojo admits, peaking the two newest's interest. They burst out in joy and jump over him in excitement.

Megumi and I, stood off to the side with concern and sympathy in our body language. We both know that's the last thing he's gonna do.

I wouldn't be surprised if he threw a mission at them because he was too lazy to do it himself.

But why spoil his fun? They'll learn sooner or later not to trust his ethics.

'This'll be interesting.' Kichijōten comments.

***

Just as I predicted, the 5 of us stood outside an abandoned warehouse with waves of a sickly cursed aura surrounding it.

I lean against the concrete wall behind the group, tuning out and watching as Nobara burst out in a fit about Gojo lying.

"Ah. It won't be too bad. Just think of it as a field test." He says, cutting her off. "Nobara. Yuji. Exorcize the curse in there" He demands. Nobara only scoffs before turning to walk inside, unfolding her belt to buckle around her waist.

Yuji peeks back at me with a questioning look, wordlessly asking for my knowledge.

I only smile. I stood off the wall and I approach his side to answer his question. "I thought curses were only able to kill other curses" He admits in a comfused whisper.

"Well, Im a poor example since I don't possess the skills but now that you have Sukuna, you got tons of cursed energy. You'd be able to kill them without unleashing him." I admit. I took his hand in encouragement. "I mean it when I say it should be a piece of cake" I say with genuine truth in my words. He nods.

"Yuji." Gojo says, catching our attention. "Dont let Sukuna out alright?" He says, extending his freakishly long arm out to Yuji with a familiar blade in its sheath.

Yuji sternly nods and takes the knife.