2. Home Turf

"Ugh. Finally. This is it" Fushiguro says. I follow him as we approach the Stevenson's Screen that supposedly contained the special grade object. He sighed as he reached out to open it.

He looked inside and I suddenly heard his breath hitch. "Its not here" He says.

"Its not?!" I say. I push him aside and look inside, finding that his words were not a joke. "Son of a bitch" I whisper as I back away. I turn to face him, meeting his blue eyes that were filled to the brim with frustration. "What now?" I ask.

"We call Gojo." He says as he slid his phone from his pocket.

Ah great...the last thing I wanted to happen. We all know by this point that there is no going home until that thing is found. He wouldnt spare us even for food or rest. Key definition of making sure his dirty work gets done. Douchebag move I'd say.

It didn't take long for the call to end and for Fushiguro to turn to me saying "I'm seriously going to punch him".

"Not if I get to him first" I add before we turn to start walking.

On to spend the entire freaking night on low cursed energy and a hungry mentality. Yay.

***

"Do you really think it'll be here?" I ask with intense weariness in my voice. I brought the straw to my lips and take a swig of the caffeinated soda. Fushiguro, walking in front of me with his hands stuffed in his uniform pants, only hummed.

"For my sanity, let's pray to whatever God that it is." he answered without sparing glance at me.

I chuckle. "Speaking of here....where exactly is here?" I say after a second of silence. He stopped suddenly, almost making me run into him.

"Here" He says. I look at where his view is, seeing a large building that acts as the neighborhood's school.

The one he planned on going to. I look down at the clock on my phone and realize its late in the afternoon. It'd be my luck that this is the exact time he leaves for the hospital every day.

Shit...

"Its one of the only places, that we haven't checked and would seem the most likely to have it" He says. I sigh quietly.

"Uh. Hey Fushiguro." I start saying, waiting to continue till he faced me. "You brought your phone right? Why don't we split up? Y'know divide and conquer. If either one of us find it, we can call" I explain.

He hummed. "Good idea. I'll check the school, you go around the surrounding area since you know the area better." He says. I nod before I quickly book it away from the school.

God. What am I doing? A normal friend who confessed to her friend would be stoked to be able to see their her friend she confessed to. Yet, I'm terrified as hell.

I'm scared to see him.

It had only been a few months since the summer break before highschool. It had only been a few months since I confessed I liked him. We agreed to be as we are now until we graduate.

I slow to a stop once I felt I was far enough away.

I sigh as I realize why I'm scared.

Maybe I changed. Maybe he changed. I'm scared he won't accept me if I'm too different. I've seen things these past few months that I can never come back from and I know its changed me. What if it was enough that he doesn't think im the same.

I've known him since the 1st year of elementary school. I can't be without him when I've only ever known life with him. I sigh as I brought myself back to earth.

I continue my walk down the street when suddenly my phone rang. I come to a halt before I pull it out, seeing Fushiguro's name displayed on the screen.

I quickly answer it. "Did you-"

"I found the person who took it. Be on the look out for a guy our age with pink and brown hair, a yellow hoodie, a black backpack and red sneakers. He has the object. He was running off before I could catch him." He says before I had a chance to say anything else. I stood there, processing what he just spewed at me from the other end of the line.

Pink and brown hair. Red sneakers. The only things I caught from what he said. The two most distinct things that I'd know from anywhere when describing him.

I know deep down, It's him.

And I know where he is going in such a rush.

"I know who it is Fushiguro. I can take you to him. Wait there and I'll meet up with you okay?!" I say. He acknowledged it and I quickly hung up, turning to sprint back to the school.

"Argh. Of course he'd have the freaking cursed object" I groan.

What is Yuuji Itadori doing with Ryomen Sukuna's finger?