1. Curses

A year and some months later

Holding the cursed doll tightly to my chest, I watch the TV screen intently as the climax scene to an old movie called The Butterfly effect played. Sporting a dark gray t-shirt, a pair of black short shorts with the jacket I stole from Yuji the day before I left for Tokyo, I was settled into the couch watching the 4th movie of the day. I intend to watch one more before I call it quits and head to bed.

"4th movie and he hasn't woken once" His voice says.

I jump, feeling a small, startled yelp escape my lips as I turn to where it came from. Satoru Gojo stood there, as mysterious and as weird as ever, with a proud smile on his half covered face.

Gojo was assigned to be my teacher since I'm a first year here at Tokyo Prefectural Jujutsu High School. He's in charge of training me and my curse to use our powers to take out other curses.

"Oh. You scared me" I admit with a chuckle.

"You seem to have great control over your curse already. Well done" He says.

"Thanks" I say.

The truth is...Gojo isn't wrong. I've been able to see curses since I was born. Which automatically means before my dad died, even after I was sent to live with my aunt, I was raised to control the curse I inherited from the generation before me.

Long story short, I have a few 15 years under my belt.

I lean back into the couch, looking back at the TV screen. I sigh quietly, loosening the grip around the doll in my lap. I felt uninterest in the movie now.

I suddenly felt tired instead.

"Planning on watching another movie tonight?" Gojo suddenly asks.

A yawn escaped my lips as I began to answer "I don't think so. Trying to keep a steady flow of my curse going into that doll tends to make me tired"

"Running low on cursed energy huh?" He asks. I hum. "Well how do you feel about replenishing your supply by going to Sendai tonight? The principal wants us to locate and obtain a special grade object"

"To Sendai?! Tonight?" I perk up, turning to face my teacher with a look of confusion painted across it. He nods, never losing the smile he had when he scared me earlier. I feel my face drop as I turn forward again.

I place my hands on the doll that lay asleep in my lap. "Aw come on. I thought you'd be happy to see your home turf" He says.

"I am...I just...there's someone there that I'm afraid to see again" I mumble.

"How come?" He asks. I shrug.

"What are you doing sitting around? Are we going to Sendai or not?" A voice suddenly barges in.

I jump again. "Jesus Christ! You guys need a bell!" I scream.

Gojo only laughed. "Get dressed and come on Miss Kamada"