14. The Kamada's Garden

Kamada. A popular name in the world of Jujutsu that belongs to a long line of Jujutsu Sorcerers. The eldest daughter of each generation inherited the special grade curse that has long since possessed this family's genes.

It's name is Kichijōten.

The curse's vessel is rumored to always be a being of extreme beauty. And the rumors aren't wrong.

The woman who possessed the curse before Hikari, my current vessel, goes by the name of Mika. She was Hikari's mother and the eldest out of her twin sister Mina Kamada.

Mika, with her unique, bright blue eyes and shining, silver hair, she was considered the most beautiful among her peers. Not only physically but her personality was kind and caring and strong.

Its safe to say she caught the attention of many men in her field of work.

But only one stood out to her.

He was a 2nd grade shikigami user that was slowly rising through the ranks. Kousuke was his name. They fell in love quickly and married and to carry on the family name, Kousuke took Mika's.

They carried on as partners for years before getting pregnant with Hikari.

The moment the child was born, I was surrounded in an entirely new environment.

Rather than the lush garden I grew with Mika, I was surrounded by a thick forest of trees with a singular, worn down traditional house in the distance. Her natural overwhelmingly plentiful cursed energy, her luck and beauty began to grow just as her garden did.

She became my vessel and helped me to create a beautiful garden of red cursed roses. One that's unique from all the other ones I spent a millennia creating.

And I'd admit, she was different than any other I've had before.

Not only her, but her peers as well. Especially her companion.

"Yuji" Gojo suddenly announces, making Yuji jump from where he lay with my vessel. The cocky teacher notices the doll Hikari nicknamed Tsukamoto asleep on the edge of the couch, not disturbed from its unconscious state even after scaring Yuji.

"Gojo. You scared me" The boy admits.

Hikari slowly opened her eyes due to all the racket and sat up, noticing Gojo standing behind the sofa they lay on. "Im gonna take Yuji here off your hands Hikari" Gojo announces to the half awake and startled kid, clapping his hands together. "Yuji. It's time I take you on a trip for special lesson".

***

Hikari sat on the roof of her hiding spot with her knees tight to her chest. Her cellphone was presses to her ear. Her mother, Mika Kamada, my former vessel and Hikari's mother, was on the other side of the line.

"How's Hiyori and Amaya?" Hikari asks into the speaker of her telephonic device.

Mika Kamada answered with a dramatic sigh. "Being the little shits that they are. Thats nothing new coming from those 6 year old girls".

"Yeah, not surprising" Hikari laughs. "What about your painting of your garden? I've been wanting to see that" She slides with ease into another topic.

Mika Kamada's garden was full of not only roses, but Lily of The Valley, Carnations and Aster to represent each of her loved one's birth as well as hers. Each flower was luscious with stored life, luck and cursed energy to use on top of her already plentiful cursed energy.

Hikari had inherited both her parent's abundant cursed energies and she's stronger than any of my past vessels.

"I have some finishing touches but I've been so busy taking care of the twins, work and my social life". After a moment of silence, "Anyway, enough about us, how's it going up there at school? I havent talked to you in almost a month! Do you miss Aunt Mina's house yet? " Mika asks.

"Heh. At this point, yes. Ive had a crazy month" Hikari chuckles.

"Oh!? Tell me all about it"

"Well...for starters, do you remember that boy, Yuji, I talked to you about?" Hikari asks. Sadness started to fill Hikari's heart.

"Of course." Her mother responded.

"And do you remember how i told you he didnt have anything to do with Jujutsu sorcery" she asks, earning a confirming, interested hum from the other side of the line. "Well...he consumed a special grade object. And now he's possessed by Sukuna" She admits.

Her mother was quiet for a long moment and I couldn't help but giggle at her reaction.

"Sukuna...as in...the King of Curses Sukuna?" Mika asks.

"Exactly" Hikari answers. The girl sighs. "I left to keep him from going down this road, Mom. So that he wouldn't end up like Dad!".

"I know baby." Mika responds calmly. "But I get a feeling that this is one of those situations where you can't control the outcome. Kichijōten's luck can't help you in everything".

"I know. I'm just scared Mom" Hikari mumbles through swelling tears in her eyes.

"And you have every reason to be. I never met him, but from what I understand about this boy, he's strong. He'll be able to handle it" Mika says. Hikari hums as she drops her head, letting her tears flow. "Life works in mysterious ways. Maybe it just wanted you two to end up together and stay together".

Kind, caring and strong. Those words describe Mika Kamada and always have since the moment she was born. Never in her life had she strayed from that path. Those aspects of kindness and strength were shown with crystal clarity through her personality.

It was shown through the distinctive, luscious oak tree that was planted in the middle of her garden.