17. Redirection

"The gravity of every death ive encountered is the same to me. But this...this isn't right. What happened to them... wasnt right." Yuji says.

An uneasy chill ran down my spine as I watch the sun filter through the light rain clouds. My body tenses subconsciously as I cross my arms tightly to my chest. The nasuea and anxiety that's been eating away at me since we showed up to the theater still hasn't gone away.

After the events that played out this morning, all I can think about is my dad. The sight of his dismembered body getting put into separate body bags. His blood staining the pavement that couldn't be washed away with the rain.

My father and those people...anyone who has ever been killed by a curse didn't deserve to die so horribly. Yuji is right. Whatever happened to them...was wrong.

Whoever did it, needs to be stopped.

"We cant think about that now. This curse is skilled. It's gonna take more than moderate effort to stop it." Nanami says.

I took in a deep breath, grounding myself from my thoughts better hear Nanami explain the situation.

"Based on the Windows' Intel we received, there has been recent transfiguration incidents rising in certain areas of Tokyo. Theyve all narrowed down to a certain area. To an extent, we have reason to believe that'll be where our killer is." Nanami explain.

"Wow! You got information that quick?" Itadori says from his sitting place on the table beside me. He said just what i was thinking. I cross my arms as I lean my butt against the table top, crossing my legs out in front of me.

"Its too quick, to be frank. Are you sure we can trust this information?" I ask. Nanami nodded his head slightly.

"There's only one way to find out, is there?" He says.

"Alright then! Let's go!" Itadori starts to say.

Nanami interrupts, "now hold on. This is just a simple recon for information. I'll have you and Miss Kamada doing something else instead." He turned and pointed to a picture of a boy our age on the board. "Yoshino Junpei. He's a classmate of the victims and the only other one in the theater at the time of the deaths."

'Hm.' Kichijōten hums. 'He's redirecting you and your companion. He must know where the curse is.'

My eyebrows furrow at Kichijōten's observation.  "You think he was involved?" I ask, playing along.

"He doesn't look to be a curse user. But it doesn't hurt to get more information about him." He explains. "I'm trusting you two to Ichiji."

"Yessir!" We both say, raising our hands into salutes. "Speaking of, I noticed that I don't know any other assistants besides you." Yuji comments immediately as he lowers his hand.

"I am the only one who knows you're alive so by necessity..." Ichiji sheepishly says. Yuji hums.

"Hm. Makes sense." He says. He starts to head for the door and I follow in suit. "Let's do this!". I laugh as I start to follow him down the stairs. I hear Ichiji's footsteps lag behind and return to the top. I barely heard him speak over Yuji but I manage to hear him.

"You were lying when you said you knew the curses location to an extent, weren't you?" He asks. I pause on the steps involuntarily and turn to look back up.

"Of course I did. If the culprit wanted to, he would've left the scene without any residuals. I have reason to believe it's a trap and if so, I don't want Itadori or Kamada wrapped up in it. They are still children, after all." Nanami says.

That's why he was redirecting us. What I guessed at the theater must be right if Nanami thinks so too.

Geez. That's unsettling.

I was too caught up in listening to Nanami that I didn't notice Yuji walk back up the stairs. He pushes Ichiji as he announces, "Mr. Nanami! I forgot to tell you!" Yuji leans in the doorway with his big smile. "Be careful, alright!"

"Yuji. I'm not a teacher, so please refrain from using such formalities with me." He says after a moments silence.

"I'll call you Nanamin then!" He says with genuine enthusiasm.

"I'll smack you." Nanami answers immediately. I let out a laugh as I watch Yuji and Ichiji come from the room and start down the stairs. I start walking once Yuji got level with me.

"You feeling better?" He asks. I gave him the best smile I could muster. I'm not feeling great. I'm still feeling the nasuea from earlier's trip to the theater but it's kinda eased a bit.

"I can manage. Thank you for asking." I say. His face fell with a pout. He knows I'm lying but he doesn't want to push me to tell him the truth. He hums in disappointment before he turns to Ichiji.

"Ichiji! Can we make a stop by a crepe stand on the way?" He asks. Yuji looks over at me again. "Those always make you feel better, right?"

I laugh as Ichiji looks over his shoulder at Yuji with a look of pure confusion.

---

A/N: im so lame for not updating. Im sorry. Lmfao