5. The School

"So do the talismans come off easily or what?" Yuji asks.

My breath came out in short bursts. My legs burned to the point they were numb. Yuji and Fushiguro run in front of me and have been since we left the hospital.

"No. Normally, its not as easy as tearing apart a wrapper. Not if you don't have cursed energy. However this talisman has been on it for ages. It might as well be tissue paper." I spout.

"This way. It's a shortcut" Yuji says suddenly, turning off to a curved road that led uphill. We follow him.

"Yuji, wheres the occult room?" I ask.

"4th floor. At the far end of the floor." He answers immediately. A sudden force knocked him back as we approach the courtyard's gate.

I stop dead in my tracks to not hit him.

"Woah. What's with this pressure?" He asks, looking up at the school as he recovers. I took a deep breath and quickly walk around him before I reach for the top of the gate and swiftly pull myself over, landing fully on the other side.

"Stay here" Fushiguro says to Yuji as he also reached up to jump the gate.

"Wait. Let me come with! I can help. I know I've only known them for a few months but they're my friends" Yuji announces, looking at me through the gate with a determined look. "Im the one that got them into this mess. Its the least i can do."

I sigh, feeling a frown purse my lips. I understand where he's coming from, I do. But stuff like this isn't something I want him to deal with.

"Stay here" Fushiguro repeats. He dropped down next to me and set off to the school before me. I sigh as I turn to face Yuji through the fence.

"We'll bring them back safe, okay? Please stay here" I whisper. The boys face only dropped in worry. "I'm sorry Yuji". He remains silent.

"I can't lose you." I mumble as I feel Kichijōten's powers begin to fill my veins like it was adrenaline. Dark marks cover my skin as I quietly sigh, looking at Yuji's worried look one last time. I turn to follow Fushiguro inside.

"Hikari! This way" I hear Fushiguro call out just at the end of the hall of the first floor as soon I entered the building.

Before I could even think, my feet turned to follow the boy. Once he noticed I heard, he made his way up the stairs.

'You have chosen a real handful for a friend, Child" Kichijōten states.

I sigh. "Tell me about it" I mumble. She chuckles before the world suddenly went dark. From that point on, I wasn't in control of my body.

She was.

I stood inside a traditional Japanese house. Kichijōten stood outside in the middle of her garden of roses, smelling a fragrant, blood red colored one. The shade of her lipstick and marks bear the same hue.

I walk through the sliding doors towards the garden where my curse stood, looking around through the forest that surrounded her house. We remain there in silence.

This happened every time she took over my body. While she controlled me externally, My soul resided internally in her own to protect it.

The only catch is that I have no idea what's going on outside without her telling me.

"You're awfully quiet" She says.

"I'm worried" I admit.

"And you have every right to be. But I'm handling it just well, so there isn't any need" She says, picking another flower.