13. Claim

I follow Hikari down the stairs to find Gojo right where he told us he would be.

"What's going on?" I ask, watching our teacher as he stood from his place by the TV on the other side of the room.

"We're gonna help you train, Yuji" He says.

"Train?" I ask. They both nodded.

"You're gonna learn to control your curse energy output. That way in a fight, you won't use it all up after a single punch" She explains.

"How will I do that?" I ask.

Gojo held up a handful of DVD cases in each hand. "You'll watch movies." He answers, earning a confused pout as response from me.

"That doesn't make it any clearer" I pout. Hikari chuckled before she held out a weird bear like doll with boxing gloves. "Itll be like old times, where you and I would watch a movie together. Except this time, we'll have someone new joining us. His name is Tsukamoto." She explains as I take it.

"What's with the cute but creepy doll?" I ask, making Hikari laugh.

She answers "Its one of the principal's cursed corpses. He's gonna be your special training partner".

He lay dead asleep in my hold. If I'll be honest, there appeared to be nothing unique about him really. "What's so special about him?" I mumble, shaking the cursed corpse.

"Just wait. You'll see" She says, crossing her arms. I do as she says and silence swept over the room for a few seconds.

Suddenly the doll's eyes open wide and it threw a punch that connected square to my jaw. Hikari burst out laughing as I hear Gojo explain "like that, the corpse will wake up and attack you if you aren't feeding it enough or too much cursed energy. You'll learn which is the sufficient amount to release in any given situation, no matter what emotions you feel at the time".

"This seems a little excessive." I mumble, trying to hold to shaking corpse still.

"It works. Trust me" Hikari laughs as she placed a hand on my arm. I feel my cheeks gently burn with blush, flustered.

"Its easy for you considering you've been doing this practically your whole life" I say.

"Ah. Remember. We all start somewhere. I wasn't always this talented" She gloated.

I dramatically scoff as a response, making her laugh again. I feel my lips softly smile as i look down at her content and joyful beautiful features. Her fit died down quickly and she asks "What do you wanna watch? I've been wanting to watch those Pirates of The Caribbean movies. It's been all the rage lately".

She walked over to the table to dig through the pile of DVD cases as I hear Gojo announce "I have business to attend to. I'll be back soon". We bid him farewell and got settled in to start my training.

***

She only lasted a movie and a half before she fell asleep. She lay on the edge of the couch, cuddled close to my chest under our shared blanket, as she laid her head on my arm with her arms wrapped around my waist.

My fingers gently graze over her back, soothing her sleeping figure. Her breath was even and soft. Her heart beat just as so.

She was beautiful. A feeling of warmth, something I haven't felt in about a year or so gently ran through my veins like honey. I felt comfort in knowing she's here again, to help me in this new life I was thrown into.

Not to Yuji's or Hikari's knowledge, through his gentle touch with her, Sukuna was meeting a fellow curse one on one.

He awoke in a field of roses by a traditional japanese home. Empty and alone. He peers around silently in search of the curse that resides inside the captivating girl.

"Just what are you doing Ryomen Sukuna?" Kichijōten asks. His attention snapped towards the direction it came from. Right behind him, a older woman, late 20s, dressed informally in traditional Japanese clothes. Red marks as bright as the lipstick she wore decorate her exposed skin.

A stern look covered her face and it only made Sukuna smugly smile.

"I'm doing what the brat can't" He admits.

"Mhmm. And whats that?" She asks.

"Taking what's mine" He growls, placing his hands on her cheeks, cocking his head and meeting his lips with hers in a firm kiss, rough and hard. Not a passionate one, but one in the fight for dominance.

She complied in fear of what he might do to her vessel if she doesn't. "Hm. Compliant and protective. You know your place. I expected as much" He chuckles when he pulls away. His piercing red eyes met her pitch black ones as a smile covered his lips. He was testing her to see if his theory is correct.

The girl's curse is exactly what he wants.

"The girl is safe. I won't use her as leverage against you" He admits.

The girl's curse furrowed her eyes in suspicion as she pushed herself away. "What is it you want then?".

"I want to make a deal. Lend me your power when I need it and in return I protect you from the Sorcerers and other curses" He suggests.

"Submit to you? You must think I'm a dependent, weak fool" She says, crossing her arms.

"Quite the opposite in fact. Id like to think of it as more of a partnership" He says. She stood there quiet for a second. Sukuna only smiled down at the curse, knowing from the look on her face that she was considering it.

"Why me?" She asks.

"I find you and your abilities intriguing. I'd like to think maybe we can benefit one another". He answers, stepping closer. His fingers picked up a strand of the curse's hair and toyed with it as she returned

"And if I say no. Would you threaten my vessel then?".

His only response a smug smile. He isn't ever going to admit, but she could tell he wants her to submit him for his personal gain. But before she said yes, she wanted to know something.

"Let me ask you something and maybe I'll think about it" She compromised, making him cock an eyebrow with a smirk to add. "You revived your vessel after you tore out his heart. Did you enter a binding vow with the boy? Use it to take over his body at any chance? He claims to have forgotten speaking to you at all".

He only remained silent, maintaining the same stupid smirk hes had. It was more than a clear answer.

She took a deep breath, sighing "Okay. Ill agree". His arm snaked around her waist, pulling her close to his firmly built figure.

He cocked his head and pressed a firm kiss to her jaw.

"Exactly what I wanted to hear." He whispers in her ear before he pressed a similar kiss to the skin of her neck. "You're mine now" He states before he bit into the soft skin he just kissed.