Prologue: Life

"That's absolutely stupid. Why would he do that?!" Yuji yells at the brightly lit computer screen in front of us. I chuckle at his complaints as he huffed, dropping his face into his palm as he angrily watches the movie.

After some time, I quietly sigh, feeling a bit of sadness tinge my heart. I would have to tell him sooner or later.

Tell him that life is tearing us apart and probably not ever putting us back together.

My body rests against the side of his own warm body. I sat in his warmth, enjoying it, knowing it wasn't gonna last much longer.

I probably won't ever have this again.

"I have to leave Sendai." I mumble. He was quiet. "Aunt Mina is sending me to a private religious school in Tokyo a year early so i can be prepared to join before highschool" I explain.

He was silent. Silent for a long time. I had begun to worry, however, I know I couldn't look at him. I would start to cry.

"Okay" He whispers.

With that, tears line my eyes at his words. I felt his face blurry itself into the crook of my neck. His arm closest to me slid around my back and pulled me tightly to his body. He was attempting to give me a hug even in the position we are in now. His warm breath blew against my skin as he quietly shushed me, wordlessly telling me to calm down. "I'm sorry Yuji" I sob. A gentle peck was pressed to my neck before he whispers "look at me."

I couldn't. I didn't want him to see me fall apart over not getting to see him again. "Please Hikari" He whispers, only making me cry harder. I felt his hand press against my cheek and turn to face him. "It'll be just fine. I promise you" He says, wiping away the fallen tears with his thumb.

"We'll see eachother again. I know it." He whispers.

I'm gonna miss this.

More importantly, I'm going to miss him.