11: "Alive..."

A/N: I KNOW IT DOESN'T LOOK LIKE HIM BUT DAS YUTA. This chapter is gonna steer off from the Canon timeline for a sec but it'll be right back to where it needs to be. Enjoy you Yuta loving simps.

2 WEEKS LATER

He was still and silent. Pale. Lifeless. A gaping hole was engraved in his chest. There was no way anyone, not even him, could survive such a thing. His limp, cold hand in mine, the one thing that used to be the only thing keeping me from breaking down. It's warmth and comfort would make me feel better in an instant.

If only I had been here.

24 HOURS EARLIER

I toss my bag on my shoulders as I follow Gojo off the plane. Through the terminal, we maneuver through thick crowds of people, looking to board their respective planes on time.

"Gojo, what are we doing in Africa?"

"Get packed Hikari" Gojo says suddenly. I look up from my bowl of cereal to my teacher. Nobara and Yuji's conversation ceased and all attention was on the man and I. "What? Why?" I ask.

"We're meeting someone very important" Gojo admits bluntly.

"Who?" I ask, trying to persuade him to answer the questions ive asked a million times already this morning.

"Your upperclassmen and only other student of mine that is of a special grade. His name is Yuta Okkotsu" He admits.

Yuta Okkotsu.

I've heard the second years and Fushiguro mention him a couple of times. Their words were filled with nothing but respect and the genuine feel of camaraderie. I was told he left within a couple of months before me joining Jujutsu High to train somewhere abroad.

I've always wanted to meet him.

"Ah. There he is" Gojo says, snapping me out of my thoughts. He started towards a boy not far away, closer to my age with a very similar uniform that resembles my own. Dark rings under his eyes from long nights of no sleep and blank personality illustrate his features. He watched silently as we approach, glancing over at me a few times.

'Hm. He looks intriguing.' Kichijōten comments. I cock an eyebrow at her commentary.

That's an understatement...

"Yuta. Long time no see" Gojo announces.

"Hey. Sorry. Miguel didnt wanna come" He admits bluntly.

"What?! My Dearest friend doesnt even wish to bid us a greeting?!" Gojo acts surprised. The Sorcerer only pursed his lips and shrugged.

"Anyway, Hikari, this Yuta Okkotsu." He turned to my upperclassmen. "This is Hikari Kamada." He says.

The boy's face was quicky covered with a genuine smile as he admits "Its nice to meet you Hikari".

I was caught off guard at the sudden change in his aura.

He stuck his hand out for me to shake, to which I return respectfully. "Great! Now that you two have met, let's eat. Aren't you guys awful hungry?" Gojo suddenly announces, making me jump. I sigh, crossing my arms.

Gojo starts to walk off and Okkotsu and I start to follow.

"If you dont mind my asking, Who's this "Miguel" guy that you mentioned earlier?" I ask.

He chuckled. "Miguel is a sort of mentor, I've been learning a lot about my curse and how to control it with him" He explains. "Gojo forced him into the job which is why he has resentment towards him and why he didn't show up with me today".

I hum in understanding.

"You dont mind me asking a question as well do you?" He asks after a momentary silence. I chuckle and confirm his question. "What technique do you have?" He asks.

"Uhhh....I don't really have a technique per say. It's really more of a curse possession kind of deal. My curse is the one that does all the exorcizing." I admit.

"Ah. Right. Gojo said your last name is Kamada right? I heard after you arrived at the school that a curse was passed through generations of the women in the family. Kichijōten is its name right?" He asks.

I cock an eyebrow. "How'd you know that?" I ask.

"Miguel and Gojo know a lot. Besides, the Kamadas are one of the 4 biggest clans in the world of Jujutsu. It's not difficult to hear something about it every once in a while"

I smile as I hum in understanding.

***

I plop down in the seat across from Gojo, placing the food on the table before I thanked him for the meal and dug in. We all sat in a silence as we began to eat.

It was eerie and I can begin to see the question Gojo has been begging me to ask him.

"I get the feeling that you have some sort of ulterior motive for bringing me here Gojo." I explain suddenly.

Gojo only smiled. "Your feeling is correct. It is true that i have brought you here to meet Yuta but it is also because I have something to ask of you two.".

We remain silent, encouraging him to continue.

"Here lately I've had a sickening feeling and ive been worrying that something is gonna happen. If anything happens to me, I need you to take care of the first and second years." Gojo explains. "I know I can trust you two since you're the strongest of all my students."

"If anything happens to you? Like what?" Yuta asks.

"You got a girlfriend we dont know about?" I ask. I hear Yuta quietly chuckle beside me.

"Nothing like that...but anything is possible, Yuta. I'm especially concerned for the new first year, Yuji Itadori. Just like you were, he's set up for a secret execution. If you could, could you help Hikari and keep an eye out for your fellow classmates?" He asks, directing his words towards my upperclassmen.

Yuta nods as he placed his fork on his plate. "You got it."

"I already made a promise to myself that I'd do anything to keep Yuji alive. If something happens to you and the execution is reinstated, I'll do everything in my power to keep him away from the bastards that want him dead" I explain.

Gojo only smiled. "I expected as much" He admits.

***

The room was freezing. My heart numbed from its cold and the sadness that began to consume it. Tears fill my eyes as I bury my face in my hands.

"I'm sorry Yuji".