Chapter 26

We both panicked when the smell of blood hits our nose. Mate or no mate, they might be in danger.

Sierra quickly rush towards where the scent come from and I couldn't believe my eye.

It wasn't Claude and Caesar. What stand in front of me are three male wolves. Blood covering some of their clothes but I from the smell, it isn't theirs.

Then I saw another guy, he's slouching on the tree bark. He looks bloody and battered. By the looks of it, he could die anytime.

"MATE!" The three of them screams at the same time.

"What?" I spoke to Sierra.

How is this even possible. What just happened? Why is this happening? I don't understand.

My hearts is pounding intensely and I freeze. I can't move. This is not happening. Not another one.

I can't get rejected again by my mate! I could die.

"EDITH!" Sierra scream inside my head.

Her screaming take me by surprised and my adrenaline kick in. I do the first thing that I can.

I ran.

I bolt immediately and run like I never run before. My mind is blank and I ran as if my life depends on it.

Well it is! If I get caught by my mates and rejected again I would die. So with that in mind, I keep running.

Within a distance, I could hear a soft patter of feet chasing after me. It must be them. No! I can't let them catch me.

"Edith what are you doing!"

"They're going to kill us Sierra. Please just run faster! Help me! Do something!"

"EDITH CALM DOWN!"

"HOW ARE YOU EXPECTING ME TO CALM DOWN. THEY'RE OUR MATES AND JUST LIKE THE LAST TIME THEY'LL REJECT US"

"DON'T YOU SEE THAT BLOODIED MAN LYING DOWN! AFTER THEY REJECT US WHO KNOWS WHAT WILL THEY DO TO US!"

"Edith, calm down! You'll hurt yourself before they are able to hurt you!"

"HOW ARE YOU SO SURE? THEY'RE CHASING AFTER US! WHO KNOWS WHAT WILL THEY DO TO US ONCE THEY CATCH US!"

(Sorry for all the caps's word)

I don't have time to argue with Sierra, so I just blocked her out. If she's not going to help me, it's fine. It's all up to me now to make sure both of us are safe.

Using my heightened sense, I could feel them coming closer to me. The closer they get, the more paranoid I become.

While running, I prayed to the moon goddess so they would just leave me alone. But it seems that she have turn a blind eye towards me because I could feel them coming even closer.

Why can't they just leave me alone! I want nothing to do with them. I was not looking where I'm going anymore. What I know is just that I need to keep going forward.

One step follow by another one. I can feel my paw pounding the ground, until there is no more to step on.

I lose my footing and I realise I'm running straight towards a cliff. My hearts literally stop and that's it. It's the end of my life.

I messed up badly this time and there's no going back. I'm about to die alone, without ever seeing my mom, dad, Lionel, Riley, and Carol.

Such a shame that I won't also be able to see Carol's baby. I would have become his or her aunt. But because of this, I will never get a chance to see them.