Chapter 21

Moments later I open eyes. I was back in my human form and I was lying still in the place where I hit the rock.

"Where's Michelle and the rogues?" I ask Sierra trying to find out what actually happened.

"I'm not sure, I also blacked out the moment we hit that rock."

"Wait, was it all only an illusion?"

"Shoot this is bad Edith! We need to go back now!"

"We can't! We're already half way to Eona's place!"

"Edith! Don't you realise? The fog could affect our hearing, smelling and vision, it's dangerous!"

"But Sierra..." I whine.

"Not buts Edith! We need to get back and send a message to Eona now!"

"Fine."

I swear sometime Sierra act like she's my mother, when in fact, she's my other half.

"I heard that."

"Yeah maybe I meant to say it so you can hear it."

"I'm your other half but I'm certainly not as childish as you are."

I roll my eyes at her. But I got to admit, she would make better choice compared to me in certain circumstances.

Both of us start our walk back to exit this foggy forest. The fog start to get lighter but this eerie feeling that I've felt still isn't gone yet.

"Sierra put your guard up, I can feel that something is wrong."

"Yes I can feel it."

"We should hurry up and get back now, I'm going to run."

I continue running towards our car but we never reach our destination.

It's feels like we're in a maze because I keep passing the same tree over and over again.

We've been walking for hours non stop and I can feel my feet starting to sore.

"This is bad Sierra, what should we do now?"

Before she can answer my question, I can feel the ground below me shaking.

I'm not sure what's causing it by I have a feeling that I'll find out soon enough. Not long after, a creature spawn out from the ground below.

"Oh shit! Moon goddess help me."

It's a giant centipede that stood tall about a two-storey building.

It have a pair of long antennae covered dense hairs. That thing also have mouths big enough to swallow a person whole.

The mouth is shaped like claw and there's some liquid dripping from it.

I'm not sure if that's just its saliva or venom but either way, I'm not letting it touch me.

"Do you think it's real Edith?"

"I'm not sure but I'm not going to stick around just to find out."

I start to run back towards the forest. I silently pray hoping that the centipede is only an illusion.

Fearing for my life, I shift in order to outrun it. Noticing my speed, it screech and crawl even faster and start to gaining up on me.

The next thing I know, I was thrown into the air and I feel hard and can barely stand up.

That centipede stood in front of me ready to deal a final blow. But suddenly, it was stopped by a red hair female.

She use some kind of spell to create what looks like to be a defensive barrier. Wait I know who this lady is.