Chapter 3

Waking up early is still not my thing, even though I've been doing it for almost the rest of my life. The sun peeking through my closed curtain and it started to hurt my eyes.

"Hurry up! Wake up! Wake up!" Scream Sierra in my head.

"Shut up! I'm tired, give me a few minutes."

"WE'RE GOING TO BE LATE!!!"

"A few more seconds then."

"Come on Edith, you know how important this trip is for me."

"Fine fine, I can't sleep anymore with you screaming in my head."

I rub my eyes trying to get rid of my sleepiness. I walk towards my bathroom to take a shower and brush my teeth and head down to the dining room for breakfast.

Within a few hours we finish our preparation and I head straight to our SUV. We depart with 5 guards including Riley.

We usually travel with several cars for protection purposes but this time we are trying to stay low and travel with 1 car instead.

"You better take a good care of my daughter Riley." My dad speaking to Riley while slinging his hand on my shoulder in a protective way.

"Don't worry my king he's in good hands"

"Dad I'm not a child anymore, I can take care of myself, after all I got Sierra with me"

"I know but still, you're a princess and heir to the throne. Some ill intent creature might harm you."

Then he proceed to hug me, we said our goodbyes and head straight for our first pack. Both me and Riley seated ourselves in the middle row while 2 of them sits in front and the rest at our backseat.

"So who's going to be our first pack?"

"According to my list, it's Dawn Mountain Pack."

"Wow is this blatant favouritism? I know they have lots of strong warriors but don't you at least need to hide it?"

"You really need to stop over-reacting, they happened to be the nearest pack from our kingdom."

I show him a pretend disbelief face and he shove a list straight to my face. There I saw a list full of packs name.

In truth I know that Dawn Mountain location located near our kingdom but I just love to tease Riley. Waking up early is quite tiring and soon after I fell asleep.

Several hours later, I'm woken up by Riley slightly nudging my shoulder and telling me we have arrived. I woke up and trying to find some water and soon I head out of our car and do a little bit of stretching.

I take a look around my surrounding and I am surrounded by lots of tall redwood trees. This is a perfect hiding place for a pack to hide themselves from human.

We don't hate human but we prefer to hide ourselves from human's prying eyes.

"Princess Edith it's our pleasure to have you here visiting us." The sound come out from a male and I felt a power behind it.

I quickly turn my back and saw Alpha Mason and Luna Claire bowing their head towards me to show their respect.

"Thank you Alpha Mason and Luna Claire." I smile at them.

"You must be tired after your long journey, please come inside, we've prepared rooms to rest." Luna Claire guiding us inside her pack house.

Riley and the rest of my royal guards let me walk ahead and walk alongside Luna Claire. Alpha Mason stay behind to walk alongside Riley.