Chapter 5

Riley proceed to knock on Alpha Lucas's door.

"Alpha Lucas this is Alpha Riley." I hear footsteps rushing towards the wooden door.

"Please come in and take a seat."

He pointed towards a round table consist of 5 chairs. 2 seats have been filled with Luna Krystal and Beta Isaac.

I seated myself next to Luna Krystal and Riley sit beside me. Next to Riley is Beta Isaac.

Luna Krystal see that I'm still wearing the bracelet that she gifted to me and she smile while mouthing "looks good on you".

I mouthed back "thank you". Alpha Lucas started our meeting.

"Thank you for coming in so early. I have news and orders given by his majesty himself." He continued.

"We have still yet to confirm whether that lone rogue is a passerby or scouting your party. But we shouldn't take risk so under his majesty order all of your shall prolong you stay here in our pack until back up arrive."

"Fine by me." As much as I want to go home I can't force it when our situation is not safe. The looks in Riley face also show that he is missing his mate but he understand our current situation.

"To celebrate your visit we will have a barbecue party tonight."

Alpha Lucas both of our dejected face and to cheer us up by having a barbecue party. Finishing our talks about tonight party, Riley and Alpha Lucas is discussing some pack business and it continue past lunch time.

Only having coffee for breakfast make my stomach rumble and we immediately head to the pack's dining room to have our late lunch.

Luna Krystal mention our incident is not made publicly known and only her pack members knows it as to prevent any unwanted incidents.

Finishing our lunch me and Luna Krystal headed out to prepare for tonight even. She refuse to let me help but I insist.

I ask her to let me help so I can get rid myself from this restlessness inside of me.

The preparation almost finish as I see people starting up their grill and setting up bonfire.

I take a walk around the forest relieving myself from all of my worries. Without realising I've been wondering around for goddess know how long.

As the sky turn dark I quickly walk back towards the party that I'm pretty sure have started. I stop my step as I hear crunches of leaves behind me.

I take a look around and I see something moving from my peripheral vision. I immediately become alert and I borrowing Sierra's power I enhance my vision, hearing and smell.

But I didn't find anything wrong nor suspicious.

"It must be this lack of sleep. It started to eat me up slowly." I mention to myself.

When I'm sleep deprived or feel extremely tired I'm used to seeing weird things but I consider it normal.

I once read that sleep deprivation could decrease one's ability to perceive visual illusions. Hence, we are prone to hallucinating.

I hurriedly go back to the party before I can become more paranoid and make others worried. The smell of barbecue invade my nose as I come closer towards the pack house.

"Edith come sit down with us." I heard Krystal calling me. Both me and Krystal have decide to forget formalities and just call each other by names.

I quickly sit down next to here and she introduce me to her friends, most of them are female warriors. We quickly connect with each other as we enjoy our meal.