Chapter 22

If werewolf have a moon goddess then witch and warlock have a goddess of themselves. Hecate.

Hecate is known to be the goddess of many things but she is well-known to be the goddess of witchcraft.

Witches and warlocks around the world worship and devote their life to her in exchange for power.

Some believers have testified that they come into contact with the goddess herself.

No one knows how does the goddess contact her subjects beside the witches and warlocks themselves.

In this universe, there's nothing free and everything has a price.

In exchange for personal information or any normal information, you must give up some of your own personal things to be sacrifice.

The power that Eona borrows from the goddess herself must be paid.

I knew the risk when I came to Eona's place. This is the price that I must pay.

And yet, I still feel heaviness in my chest as if someone was preventing me to do it.

Was it the moon goddess herself? Or is it all in my thought?

I keep looking back at my clutched hand, debating whether I should continue or just gorget about all of this and pretend that it's only a dream.

I can feel Eona's gaze on me and I know that she's giving me time to re-think my decision.

"My mate bond." I start to speak with a hush voice.

"What?"

"I said my mate bond." This time with a louder voice.

"Edith! Are you out of your mind? If you severe your mate bond you will never have a mate! Please re-think about this decision!"

"I can't possibly sacrifice my life span do I? Beside my mates rejected me and mate with another she wolf."

"Who is it?"

I keep silent and just bow my head down. Tears threaten to fall.

"I said who is it? I can see that they no longer need their eyes anymore, I'll help them to remove it for you."

"Eona no, please! I've moved on! It's done! Please can we just forget about it."

She take a look at how shaken I am. She give me her nod and put on a neutral face. But I know, she's furious inside.

"We will perform the ritual tonight at 12 AM during the witching hour. I will be at my strongest and I want to make sure the sacrifice you make is worth the result."

After that small incident, Eona took me back upstairs and we decide to cook dinner.

I miss the time that I spend with her during our time at the castle. We would do almost everything together alongside Carol.

At the end of the night we would do a sleepover. We take turns on whose room we're sleeping at but mostly we use my room since I have the biggest room.

After dinner, we chat with each other trying to catch up with each other.

She notice my bracelet that was given by Krystal and I explain to her that it was a gift from a Luna whose pack I visited.

It's almost time for us to perform the rituals but I can feel my eyes starting to get heavy, Eona offered to make me coffee and head straight to her kitchen.

The moment I came in this room, I felt drawn towards the books that sits in her shelf. I decide to take a look at it as an effort to remove my sleepiness.