Chapter 13 (Pic of Kato and Levande)

Chapter 13

Kijivu's eyes stared into the electric blue eyes of the lioness before him.

"Mother." He breathed.

Vitani let a tear slide down from her eyes. She walked forward and stared into Kijivu's eyes, which were and awkward color of marmalade. He gave a small smile and walked up to her. He rubbed his head against hers.

"Kijivu? I thought you were... I thought you were dead." She whimpered, more tears falling.

"I'm not dead. I'm safe, I'm okay." He whispered back, letting one of his own tears fall.

"Aunt Vitani, what are you doing here?" Nama asked, interrupting their moment.

Vitani went silent, as the guilt that she had managed to subside earlier came creeping back. She looked down at the ground, knowing that what she had done was wrong and she could never take it back.

"I... um... well, there's a lot you guys should know." She stuttered, looking at the princess sadly.

"What do you mean?" Nama exclaimed.

"Shush. Not now. I'll tell you later. For now, you need get out of here. The queen doesn't take kindly to strangers." Vitani explained.

"You mean, you're on her side?" Nama hissed.

"No, well yes, but it's not like that. She promised my cub safety if I joined. Besides, Azra's here." Vitani said.

"You're a traitor." Roho muttered.

"I didn't want another one of my cubs to get hurt or lost like Kijivu had!" Vitani shouted.

"What about father?" Kijivu asked angrily.

Nama began to worry. What if someone heard them? She looked around, and then pushed past the other three. She looked down, trying to find Levande and Kato. She spotted the two pawing around sleeping cubs. They nudged two awake. Then Nama saw a cub that she'd thought was lost to her.

Leah began walking down the path to where the cubs were sleeping.

"Nama, where are you going?" Roho wondered towards his mate.

"Leah's down there." She cried.

Nama rushed down the mountain, but felt something bite down on her tail.

"Ow!" She squealed.

Nama turned around to find a white lioness with cheek tuffs and icy blue eyes.

"Baridi?" She inquired in shock.

"Hey there, princess. Surprised to see me?" Baridi sneered.

"But you..." Nama was confused. "You were helping Nala." Nama added.

"Oh that old queen. She's in a better place, if you believe in such things." Baridi rolled her eyes. "Now where do you think you're going?" she added.

"You... killed her?" Nama gasped as tears filled her eyes.

Baridi rolled her eyes.

"Well, duh!" Baridi retorted.

Nama brought her paw up towards Baridi's snout, but Baridi pulled her head back, bringing up her own paw and halting Nama's. Baridi twisted Nama's paw around, causing her to squeal in pain. Baridi pushed Nama into the mountain's wall, and Nama felt rock dig into her side. Roho intervened.

Roho pounced Baridi, pinning her to the ground. Baridi strained to lift her head up high enough and she bite down on Roho's upper right leg. Roho roared and went to claw Baridi's snout, but she had rolled away. Nama weakly laid against the rock, she knew that they'd be able to handle Baridi.