Chapter 16 (Pic of Kata)

So the Pic above (or to the right if you're on the app) is Roho's father, Kata.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 16

"Sir, I beg that you reconsider." Roho interrupted.

"Grandfather, please, listen to him." Nama agreed.

"Silence, Nama. I will not put the new generation's life on the line!" Simba shouted, his voice hoarse with old age.

"Daddy, let her explain." Kiara added, hoping to hear what Nama and Roho had to say.

"Simba, my father doesn't take kindly to Bora or I. Any pride we're a part of, he'd surely dislike too. I'm trying to protect the pride." Roho explained.

"Roho is right. We went there and... the king, well he wasn't kindly. To be perfectly honest, I find it that he is worse than Baridi." Nama explained.

"Nama, go inside Pride Rock." Simba told his granddaughter.

"No! If you don't listen to him, someone could be killed!" Nama argued.

"Nama, don't speak to Simba like that." Kovu cautioned his daughter.

"Someone is going to be killed if you go! I am sure. Please don't go." Nama begged.

"It's settled, Nama, I'm sorry." Kiara apologized sadly towards her daughter.

Nama quivered before tears fell and she retreated into Pride Rock. Asha glared at her mother before ducking into the cave with Nama. Roho followed quietly.

Nama was angrily laying, with her head settled on her front two paws.

"Hey Nama." Asha began.

"What do you want?" Nama muttered.

Asha bit down on her bottom lip before sitting next to her sister. Roho stayed towards the mouth of the cave, not daring to intrude on the sister's moment.

"I trust you." Asha started. "I'll stay behind." She assured.

"Thank you, Asha, but I doubt that will change anything." Nama sighed, looking into Asha' green eyes.

"What if we convinced our mates to stay behind with us. That would mean a number of less males to fight. Maybe that'll stop them." Asha offered.

Roho pawed over to them. He laid on the other side of Nama and she nuzzled into his full mane.

"Nama... we do have a great number of warriors if they did attack. Maybe we could do it." Roho offered.

"What? Roho, I thought you were against it!" Nama asked, lifting her head in shock.

"Here's the thing... if Leah agreed to be 'bait,' then we'd win." Roho waited to finish, as he expected Nama to explode with disagreement.

"What? What do you mean use Leah as bait?" She shouted.

"Settle down, love, she'd be in no danger. It's just, if the lionesses in my pride see Leah with cub, they won't hurt her. They're mothers too, you know." Roho explained.

Asha jumped up with an idea.

"Guys! Think about it. It's right around cub season. There are sure to be soon-to-be mothers in that pride." Asha explained. "And in the mountains, all the cubs that belonged to that pride are still there! We just promised them that the cubs will be released after defeating Baridi." Asha said with pride.

"Asha, it's a pretty fool proof plan. Unfortunately, my father's pride doesn't like making deals. Trust me, I've tried." Roho said sadly.

"What if they get the better end of the deal?" Nama inquired suddenly.