Chapter 3 (Pic of Kato and Nama)

Chapter 3

Kopa hadn't spoken to Kiara, Kovu, or Vitani since his dispute with his sister's mate. He had been much too afraid that Kiara would be too cross to even speak to him, and she was. Kiara loved her brother, but he never seemed to want to talk to her. So, instead of provoking him-as it had angered him last time-she let him alone.

Simba, on the other hand, was so angry with his son that he had to provoke him.

"Kopa!" Simba called for his son, Kiara standing next to him.

Kopa walked up Pride Rock to speak with his father. His eyes stared at the ground, not wanting to look up at Kiara nor Simba.

"Kopa, obviously you don't plan on stay." Simba hissed through clenched teeth. "So, when do you propose you're leaving?" Simba asked harshly.

"As soon as the heir of the Pridelands is born." Kopa answered.

"Then what, are you just going to pick up and leave?" Kiara muttered.

"That's exactly what I was going to do." Kopa hissed back.

"What do I tell my cub about him not being allowed to see his uncle? Do I just tell him that his uncle didn't like the family and picked up and left?" Kiara shouted, angry.

"He doesn't even need to know he has an uncle." Kopa retorted.

"So we pretend that you don't exist?" Kiara cried in shock.

"Yes!" Kopa answered loudly.

"Stop it!" Simba roared.

A silence followed. It was only broken by the paw steps of Vitani and Kovu as they walked up to the group to see what the yelling was about.

"What's going on?" Kovu questioned.

"Kopa leaving as soon as Kato is born." Kiara muttered.

"What?" Vitani exclaimed. "Where are you going?" she inquired.

"Back to the jungle, I suppose." Kopa replied, a little softer towards Vitani.

"Why? You have a home here and family that loves you!" Kiara exclaimed.

"Because I can't stay here!" Kopa replied.

"Why, what do you have there that's better than here?" Kovu asked is a disgusted tone.

"I have friends and family there too!" Kopa explained.

"Who?" Kiara asked.

"It's no one important." Kopa answered.

"Obviously they're more important than us!" Kiara shouted.

"Let it go, Kiara." Kovu pleaded.

"No, I want to know who could be more important than family." Kiara replied.

"Well I don't have to tell you." Kopa said.

"Why can't you tell us?" Simba asked, baring his teeth.

"Because, you don't need to know." Kopa retorted, baring his own teeth.

The father and son got in each other's face, snarling and blind with anger.

"Stop it!" Vitani yelled, standing between them. "This isn't good for Kiara." She added.

Simba looked at his daughter and gave her an apologetic look.

"I'm sorry, Kiara. Vitani's right." Simba apologized.

Kopa didn't apologize, he just began walking off. Kiara noticed and walked as quickly as she could; which wasn't very fast. She stood in front of her brother with a small smile.