Chapter 18

Chapter 18

Kopa led the Mountain Pride to the Outlands.

"From now on... you will be known as Outsiders. You aren't to leave here without permission from your king." Kopa hissed.

"Kovu is no king of mine!" Giza shouted.

Her lionesses roared in agreement.

"If you step foot out of the Outlands and are seen, any Pridelander has the right to kill you. You've been warned of your penalties." Kopa explained their penalties for leaving the Outlands.

"Now you're on our lands. We have the right to kill you. Get out of here Prince Kopa." Giza hissed.

"Watch your tongue princess." Kopa warned, leaving the Outlands.

He arrived back in the Pridelands not long after. Kiara smiled and nuzzled him. Vitani nuzzled him afterwards. She'd missed him.

"Tani... you committed mutiny." Kopa whispered.

"I'm so sorry, Kopa... I was so confused. Please forgive me." She begged him.

"Don't worry. As long as Zuri is safe." Kopa whispered.

Tani went into Pride Rock and picked up her and Kopa's young cub. She brought Zuri out.

"Zuri's the last born cub of this generation, Kopa." Vitani whispered.

"She's beautiful." Kopa murmured, rubbing his head against hers.

Kovu and Kiara mourned over their loss of Nama. It hit Roho the hardest though. He and Nama were supposed to be mates. They were supposed to be through everything together, but she left him. He heard the familiar voice of Asali.

"Daddy!" she squealed. "You and mommy are back!" She giggled excitedly, running to her father.

Asali ran her head against Roho's paw with a purr.

"Where's mommy?" She wondered.

Roho felt his throat tighten.

"Your mother is gone." He told her sadly.

She backed away from her father, fearful of what he told her.

"What?" She whimpered.

"Your mother left us." He growled.

He was angry now. He loved Nama with all his heart, but she made the decision on her own to stay in his father's pride.

"No... she wouldn't." Asali sobbed.

"Asali, sweetie, come here." Roho whispered, realizing he didn't mean what he was saying.

He wasn't angry at Nama. He was heartbroken. He wanted to save her from his father. From his pride. He pleaded Asali with his royal blue eyes.

"Come here Asali." He murmured.

"No!" She shouted, tears forming in her little eyes, which normally twinkled with the same blue in Roho's.

Asali rushed off, running into the den, but clashing into Kiara.

"Asali... please, go with you father. He loves you very much. He didn't mean it." Kiara murmured kindly. "Your mother didn't have a choice. She did it for you." Kiara told her grand cub.

Asali plopped down on Kiara's paws.

"But she left me! I thought she loved me." Asali wept.

"She does love you, very much." Kiara whispered.