Chapter 8 (Pic of Khari)

Chapter 8

"Stop it!" Kiara shouted.

Kato glared at Nama, knives coming from his eyes. Nama looked away instead of glaring back.

"I can't believe it, Kato. Your entire life we have raised you and your sister to protect each other. What you did was outrageous!" Kiara hissed with shock and anger.

"Well handing the throne to her even after I've been set to be king since birth, is outrageous." Kato retorted, glaring at his mother now.

"This is ridiculous. What's gotten into you Kato?" Kijivu entered the conversation.

"That's an excellent question Kijivu. What has gotten into you Kato?" Kovu repeated.

Kato looked down angrily.

"Nama has everything I've ever wanted! She has a mate and now the throne!" Kato shouted.

Nama looked down, as her parents didn't know that Nama intended to announce Roho as her mate.

Kiara breathed out with a small laugh.

"Kato, we've told you. Your soul mate will come along eventually." Kiara whispered to her son.

"What can I offer her if I'm not king?" Kato yelled at his mother.

"Kato, family is more important than status." Simba said to his grandson, walking towards the group.

"Easy for you to say. You were king and grandmother is a wonderful mate." Kato muttered.

"It wasn't always easy, Kato. Scar didn't make it easy on anyone." Simba replied.

"Just leave me alone." Kato sighed, disappearing into Pride Rock.

Kiara rested her under-snout on Nama's shoulder blades in a hug.

"I'm so sorry about your brother." Kiara apologized to her daughter. "Is it true?" She asked, directing to Roho.

"Uh, yes it is." Nama replied.

Kiara smiled widely with approval.

"Welcome to the family Roho." Kiara welcomed warmly.

Nama looked at her father for his approval. Roho approached him.

"Your majesty, I ask for your daughter as my mate." Roho asked respectfully, bowing his head to the king.

Kovu respected that Roho had asked traditionally, the respectful way. Kovu smiled.

"If she'll have you as her mate." Kovu answered.

"Thank you, father!" Nama squealed, nuzzling Roho.

"Queen Kiara!" Koda screamed with fright from below Pride Rock.

"What is it, Koda?" Kiara shouted from above, although she had already begun to run down.

"Leah Asha, and Bora! They... they fell!" Koda exclaimed loudly.

Kiara ran to the canyon as fast as she could, Kovu, Roho, and Nama at her tail. They arrived at the canyon as a crack of thunder erupted and the rain began to pour. Kiara looked down for her daughters and Roho searched for his sister.

"Bora!" He cried.

Down the wall of the canyon, Asha's paws dug into the rock as a vine was clenched in her mouth. One side of the vine hung down with Leah holding on, and on the other side, Bora. Asha let tears stream down her face as she struggled to hold on, blood flowing from the cuts from her paws and claws. She bit down on the vine until her jaw ached. Bora bit down on it and clawed at it, Leah did the same.