Epilogue

Epilogue

In a land once known as the Outlands, a distraught grey lioness stalked into the area, her pride following behind.

"What makes you think you are queen? You are a traitor!" A lioness with a golden pelt and dark stripe hissed.

"Shut it, Akili." The grey lioness growled.

"Make me! You're not the queen and we both know you don't deserve to be!" Akili snarled towards her once best friend.

"My mother is gone, and my father is dead! Don't tell me who deserves what!" The lioness retorted.

"What about us?" Akili started up again. "We were abandoned by our parents!" She added angrily.

"My mother chose you to be in her pride, and I can undo that decision just as easily."

"Giza, you're a coward!" Akili shouted.

"What kind of a talk is that?" They heard a new voice mutter.

Giza turned her head to face a graceful white lioness built to kill. She felt a smile creep on her face.

"Mother?" Giza breathed. "You came back?" Giza murmured.

The white lioness approached her daughter.

"Of course I came back..." she smiled.

"Baridi? You... you're alive?" Akili stammered.

"You bet I'm alive, and if I ever catch you speaking ill to my daughter again, it'll be your hide!" Baridi warned.

"Yes my queen." Akili bowed her head in reluctant approval.

"Now... these Pridelanders aren't going to get away with this." Baridi began. "We have one advantage." She added.

"What's that?" Giza inquired.

"The element of surprise, my daughter. They will never forget that they messed with us. We will make them pay for taking away our pride sisters." Baridi hissed. "Oh, and Giza..." Baridi started. "Don't forget to dispose of the twins and their mates." Baridi muttered.

"Yes mother..." Giza said in return.

"My loyal pride! You have proven yourselves worthy, and in return you shall be given the chance of a lifetime." Baridi announced. "Kill the Pridelanders." She smirked.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So I just did a quick picture of Kiara and Kovu, because I don't recall having a dedicated picture of them. That's the end of the story my friends. I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did! Thank you again for reading, liking, and commenting! It means A LOT to me. Originally, I planned a sequel, but I was told there were far too many characters to perform a sequel. I reread it, and decided it was a good point. If you think otherwise, I'd love to hear your opinion and I may consider writing a sequel.

Thanks again!

{LCB}