Chapter 10 (Pic of Lisa)

Chapter 10

Kiara had finally gotten on the move again, after the constant nagging of Nama. Asha, however, wasn't in the right health to move around. It concerned Nama, how Asha felt too sick to leave Pride Rock.

"This is all your fault mother." Nama muttered to her mother as they began to go out on a hunt. "Asha is dying." Nama hissed.

"Nama, I don't know how to help her." Kiara admitted to her daughter.

"You can encourage her to move around!" Nama shouted.

"Dear, please, you'll scare away the herd." Kiara whispered.

Nama rolled her eyes, crouching next to her mother as they stalked a herd of zebra. Nama pounced, leaving Kiara unaware of Nama's tactic. Kiara sighed, leaping in the air and pouncing the same zebra. Nama crawled her way to the zebra's neck, digging her claws into it. Kiara clawed the flank, going for the zebra's legs. Nama bit down on the windpipes of the animal, and it collapsed. Nama somersaulted several times on the ground before regaining her stance. She looked at her mother before they hauled the kill back to the pride.

"Mother, you need to make Asha eat something. You and I both know she'll die if she doesn't eat something soon." Nama cautioned.

"Would you do it, sweet heart?" Kiara asked.

Nama rolled her eyes.

"Fine." She muttered before tearing off a piece of the zebra and walking into Pride Rock.

Nama walked into the den and found Asha sitting up, looking at her paws.

"Asha, I brought you some food." Nama said kindly.

"I'm not hungry." Asha said, even though the stomach pains were excruciating.

"Please eat something, Asha. You need to." Nama begged.

"I don't want to." Asha whispered, shifting her head on her crossed paws.

"Please." Nama pleaded.

Asha turned to face her older sister. Her face was stained with tear streaks and her beautiful green eyes were dull and lifeless. Asha weakly walked over to Nama and sat down. She looked up at her sister. Nama nodded her head, laying down so she could be eye level with her little sister. Nama as well took a bite from the meat, and encourage little Asha to eat.

Asha took a bite of the zebra and felt something flow through her. She didn't want to admit that the little bit of food she had just consumed, made her feel better.

"There." Nama smiled, sensing that Asha felt better. "Hey, can I tell you something?" Nama requested, letting a serious look fall over her face.

"Yeah." Asha replied, gobbling down the meat.

"Can you promise me something?" Nama asked. Asha nodded. "Please don't let yourself get sick. Leah would want you to live a happy life." Nama explained.

"Okay. I'll try." Asha promised, looking down sadly at the mention of her sister.

"Come on, let's go outside." Nama told Asha.

Asha stood up and walked out of Pride Rock with Nama. The sun felt great on Asha's fur. It soothed her and let her feel a warmth that hadn't been there in a long time.

"Asha! You're out!" Koda called happily, running up to her.

"Um, yeah, I am." Asha replied awkwardly.

Lisa ran up to her and rubbed her forehead against Asha's, happy that her friend had left the cave. Bora kept away from Asha, staying behind Koda. Asha did nothing except glare at her.