Chapter 5 (Pic of The Royal Family)

Chapter 5

One afternoon, a few weeks after Kijivu's birth, the king and queen of the Pridelands approached Kiara and Kovu. Vitani was laying a little ways off, listening.

"We have a gift for you." Simba sighed.

Kiara and Kovu stood next to each other, looking at Kiara's parents curiously.

"It is time the Pridelands had a new king and queen." Simba told his daughter and her mate.

Nala and Simba bowed down to Kovu and Kiara. Kiara fought a wide smile.

"Thank you!" She cried, nuzzling her mother and father.

Kovu nodded his head in thanks, not wanting to seem too happy-as it wasn't his nature. Nala saw his failure of an attempt and walked to him, putting a paw around him.

"You're part of this family, you know. You don't need to be frightened." Nala laughed, hugging her son-in-law.

"Thank you." Kovu told her.

Vitani let a low growled ripple in her throat. Kijivu looked up at his mother.

"What's wrong mommy?" Kijivu asked his mother.

"Nothing sweetie." Vitani told her son sweetly.

"It's time to go tell the rest of the Pride." Simba told everyone.

They all walked out of Pride Rock and down to where the pride was resting under trees. Simba stood with his head held high.

"We have a new king and queen." Simba roared loudly so everyone could hear.

They all looked up at Kovu and Kiara. Kovu looked at Kiara as she looked at her father. Simba nodded.

Kiara proudly began her ascent up the path of Pride Rock, Kovu behind her. Kato and Nama walked with their father, one cub on each side. Once Kiara made her way to the top, she looked down at everything. It was all hers and Kovu's. Then, she let out a roar that echoed all over the land. Kovu came next to her from behind her once she had finished. He let out his own roar that seemed to almost shake the land. Then, the mates looked at each other. They roared together. Kato and Nama looked at their parents. When Kiara and Kovu had finished roaring, the pride roared with them, sending birds flying into the air. Everyone watched Nama and Kato gave small, slightly pathetic roars.

Vitani looked down at the cubs, they were going to make wonderful heirs. She just hadn't any idea if she would let them become rulers in their future.

"Mommy!" Kijivu whined. "You're messing up my mane!" He finished.

"Oh, it'll be fine." Vitani smiled, rolling her eyes.

Kijivu brushed the tuff of brown fur on his head forwards, putting it back into place after giving Vitani a funny look. Vitani licked his head again, making him laugh.

Later, after the ceremony, Vitani walked into Pride Rock, hoping that no one would notice. To Vitani's surprise, Kiara was inside Pride Rock with her cubs as they napped.

"Kijivu is so sweet." Kiara told her friend.

"He is the most handsome cub I've ever seen" Vitani told Kiara, watching her son smile at the compliment.

"Is it difficult to watch him all day, with Kopa being on patrol most of the time?" Kiara asked as she shifted, waking her cubs on accident.

"Mom!" Kato whined.

"Sorry, baby." Kiara apologized, licking his head. "I just figured you'd want to play with Kijivu." Kiara told him.

Kato pawed his way over to the greyish cub cautiously.