Chapter 4 (Pic of Kijivu)

Chapter 4

Then, that moment ended with the snarl of an unknown lioness.

All heads turned to look at the intruder. The only one who wasn't threated was Kopa.

"Get out of here Moja, you aren't wanted here!" Kopa shouted towards her.

The pride cleared a path for Kopa to look at the lioness face to face.

"I'm not wanted here?" Moja shouted.

The lioness brought up her paw to Kopa's jaw, cutting it slightly.

"How dare you say something like that to your mate!" She shouted.

Vitani's eyes went wide with shock and jealousy. She sent a death glare at Kopa first, then at Moja.

"You can't tell me where to go!" Moja added.

"I can tell you to do whatever I want!" Kopa hissed.

Moja, with her extremely short temper, snapped at Kopa with her jaw, missing.

"Hey!" Vitani exclaimed, leaping to the lioness.

Vitani landed on her back, then pinned her to the ground.

"You have a lot of nerve talking to him like that!" Vitani screamed in her ear, making Moja wince. "Why are you here?" Vitani hissed.

"I'm looking for my mate." Moja responded.

"He isn't your mate. He's mine. I suggest you get your sorry tail off the Pridelands before I drag it out!" Vitani warned.

"What do I tell the loyal subjects of his pride?" Moja muttered.

"You tell them that he isn't their king any longer! Now get out of here!" Vitani screamed at her.

Moja pushed Vitani off of her and looked at Kopa, expecting him to stop her. He didn't. Moja ran away as fast as she could, leaving Vitani with a smug smile.

"Vitani, I'm sorry, I meant to tell you." Kopa apologized immediately.

"Don't even say it, Kopa. I don't want to hear it right now." Vitani said sadly, disappearing into Pride Rock.

Kiara realized through all the commotion that Rafiki was still holding Kato. The princess walked over and took Kato in her mouth. Kovu took up Nama in his mouth and followed her into Pride Rock. Kopa attempted to follow, but Simba let a low growl ripple through his throat.

"Don't talk to her right now. She needs to cool off." Simba warned his son.

"Simba's right, Kopa. Vitani has a short temper." Tama told Kopa.

"Then why did she just threaten to drag a lioness out of the Pridelands for me?" Kopa muttered, brushing past his father and Tama.

He went into Pride Rock. Vitani was ranting to Kiara and Kovu. They hadn't noticed him yet, and he kept it that way, listening to their conversation.

"He already had a mate..." Vitani sobbed. "Why did I just do that? I just broke them up!" Vitani cried. "I'll never forgive myself." She added sadly.

Kopa gave a sad smile. He walked closer to his family.

"Vitani..." He began, watching Vitani's head shoot up. "...you didn't break us up. We were never anything real." Kopa explained, walking closer to Vitani.

"But you said-"

"I know, but she was set up with me. I promise you, the only lioness I've ever loved, is you." Kopa assured Vitani.