Chapter 6 (Pic of Asha and Leah)

Chapter 6

"Come on, Kato! Mother said she has a surprise for us!" Nama exclaimed to her brother.

The two couldn't help but feel jittery. Rarely did they ever get surprises, so this was something to celebrate. The prince and princess had been hard at work. With them being a bit older, Kato was always training with Kovu, and Nama was always practicing her hunting skills. They quickly walked towards Pride Rock when Kijivu pounced Kato.

"Not now Kijivu!" Kato argued excitedly. "Come on!" He added happily.

Kijivu curiously followed his two friends up Pride Rock and into the cave. Nama stopped mid-step, causing her brother to run into her.

"Hey, Nama!" He began to argue with her, but stopped.

He looked at his mother, then at the two cubs in her paws. Nama smiled widely at her two new siblings.

"What are their names?" Nama cooed, looking at them as they reached for Nama's snout.

"This one is Asha." Kiara introduced the one with a pelt that had seemed to be smoothly mixed caramel and copper.

The cub's underbelly was a light, dusty mocha color and went under her neck and around her snout, as most lionesses have. It was obvious Asha had inherited the color of Kovu's tail tuff to her own.

"And this one's Leah." Kiara smiled, introducing the other cub.

Leah's pelt was a bit lighter. The color resembled a lighter and slightly tanner version of Simba's pelt. Her ears were rimmed with dark brown, easily mistaken for black. On the top of her head, was a small tuff of fur poking up. Kiara licked the tuff in attempt to brush it down, but it wouldn't, Kiara smiled at the failure and decided it was cute. Leah's underbelly was a creamy vanilla color and went under and around her snout, just as Asha's.

"She resembles you, grandfather." Nama told Simba with a respectful smile.

"Nama's right, Simba, she looks like you when you were young." Nala agreed, sitting next to Simba and rubbing her head into his mane.

Simba simply smiled that his granddaughter had collected some of the royal family's features.

"Just wait until she opens her eyes to say too much. She could have green eyes and shock everyone." Simba laughed.

Nama was so excited to finally have two little sisters. Kato, on the other hand, would've preferred brothers, but he loved his sisters all the same.

"All right you two, the cubs need their rest, and you need your training." Kiara told Kato and Nama.

"Yes mother." Nama replied, rubbing her head against her mother's.

"Come on, squirt, I'll take you on a practice hunt." Vitani told Nama.

Nama smiled and nearly jumped for joy.

"Vitani..." Kovu called, catching Vitani's attention. "...make sure you hunt off the water hole grounds." He told them.

"Of course we will, father!" Nama called back before the two pranced off.

"Come on Kato." Kovu told his son.

"Where are we going?" Kato asked.

"We are going on a patrol." Kovu smiled.

The father and son walked around, scanning the land. They stopped and caught sight of two certain lionesses on a practice hunt. They watched in amusement at Nama's attempts.

"Looks like she got mother's hunting skills." Kato rolled his eyes.

"Give her a second." Kovu replied with a smug smile.