Chapter 17 (Pic of Asante)

So the pic above is of Asante and Dume (you'll figure out who they are the end.) Asante is on the left, and Duma is on the right.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 17

"Nama? Kiara whimpered.

"I'm sorry mother, but it's for the cubs." Nama apologized, inhaling and holding her breath to prevent her tears.

Kiara walked up to her daughter and let tears fall as she embraced her, wrapping a paw around Nama's neck.

"Nama, please... we just got our family back. Please don't take it away." Kiara pleaded.

"I'm sorry mother." Nama sighed, being strong.

Kovu walked up and joined in on the conversation. First, however, he rested his under snout over Nama's neck.

"Please reconsider." He begged his daughter.

"I can't. A deal's a deal." She told him regrettably.

Asha and Kato joined their family members.

"What about us, Nama? You're my sister. You promised to always protect me." Asha whimpered.

"This is me keeping that promise." Nama replied.

Kato nuzzled his sister.

"I believe in you." He assured her.

"You're seriously the only one on my side with this." Nama sighed.

"I know there is no use trying to change your mind, so what's the point." He chuckled lightly. "Be careful, and remember, Pride Rock will always be your home." He whispered under his breath.

"Kato... you'll make one heck of a king." Nama complimented.

Her family members began to walk out of the South Land, but Roho stayed behind momentarily.

"Please, Nama, do me one last favor, and try not to get yourself killed." He muttered, turning to walk away.

He wanted to keep a strong mask on over his real emotions. He wanted to break down and cry over the loss of his mate, but couldn't.

"Roho!" Nama cried as he began walking out of the land. "I love you." She whispered once she ran to her mate.

She ran her head under his snout, and he nuzzled her back. He licked her cheek before they rubbed their foreheads together.

"I love you too." He murmured before turning away and going after the Pridelanders.

Nama watched until they were over the horizon. Kata came and sat next to her.

"Don't worry, Nama, they'll succeed." he assured her.

"I know..." She whispered, a tear rolling down her cheek.

The Pridelanders weren't going to recover from their loss of heir any time soon, but right now, they had to focus on defeating Baridi. They reached the Mountain within an hour, and Kato's stomach began to do twists or anxiety.

"What's the battle plan here?" Roho asked.

"We go through all exits, ready to attack anyone that tries to leave." Simba growled. "Once we reach the valley, and have the pride surrounded, we take the cubs who wish to go. We make sure to give Baridi a chance to accept her punishment before we kill her. Understand?" Simba explained.

"Yes father." Kiara replied.

Once the pride split up into groups, they each went to the entrances of the valley. The pride inside the valley, were shocked.