Chapter 15 (Pic of the New Cubs and Others)

So to the right, or above if you're on the app) is a picture of the "couples" I guess, but mainly for what the cubs look like now as teens. From left to right on the top is Chiku, Asha, and the cubs. (left to right: Naba, Shani, Jua, and Asali). On the bottom is (left to right), Khari, Lisa, Leah, Sefu, Koda, and Bora. If you are confused by anything, let me know in the comments and I'll clear it up for you.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 15

Lisa stirred slightly, rolling on her side. She blinked away the pain and smoke.

"Khari?" She breathed out.

"You're safe." He promised, leaning his head down and nuzzling into Lisa's neck.

"You said you weren't coming." She recalled, standing up and shaking the dirt off her pelt the best she could, but winced.

Lisa turned her head around to see all the scratches and claw marks that decorated her body.

"I convinced my mother to leave, finally, and it's a good thing we did." He explained, pressing his forehead against hers.

Sefu rubbed Leah's head, hoping to wake her, but she didn't move. He sighed, praying she was alright. Asha walked over to him.

"She'll be okay, but we can't stay here any longer. Akili will have told Baridi that she failed." Asha said.

Giza interrupted, clearing her throat.

"Hey, there's a trail on the south of the mountain, just beyond the trees. My mother's forgotten about it, so you should be safe." Giza offered the option.

"Thank you Giza, you are a darling." Chiku replied gratefully, walking over to the princess.

"But you have to leave now, or we'll all be killed." Giza cautioned.

"What about Leah?" Katika wondered, joining the conversation.

"I'll be able to carry her." Sefu assured.

"Come on, let's get out of here. I want to go home." Asha shivered.

"Hey, Khari." Giza summoned.

Khari turned his head to face the grey lioness.

"Tell Leah that I said goodbye, and I wish we could've bid farewell under better circumstances." Giza requested.

Khari nodded before watching Giza duck behind a brush and ran back to the valley. The group began their descent down the mountain, with Leah on Sefu's back.

In the Pridelands, Nama was on a lazy stroll with Roho and her cub, as well as Jua, Naba, and Shani. She watched Shani pounce Asali and they somersaulted.

"Mommy! Shani pushed me!" Asali cried, sitting up.

"Oh, she was just playing. Asali." Nama replied kindly.

"Come on, Asali, its tag!" Shani said, tagging her flank.

"No! I don't want to play." Asali shouted, running back to her mother and running her head against Nama's right front leg.

"Pfft... you are no fun, Asali." Shani grumbled, walking ahead of her friend.

Asali glared and walked close to Nama.

"Why doesn't Shani like me?" Asali wondered.

"Oh, Asali. Your cousin loves you very much. She's just arrogant, that's all." Roho explained to his daughter.

"Daddy, can I have a piggy back ride?" Asali asked politely.

"I suppose so." Roho smiled, leaning his head down and feeling Asali crawl up his head and lay down on his back.